PDA

View Full Version : Qt4.4 on Windows XP Tablet PC edition

proto
2nd July 2008, 07:01
Hi,

when trying to run a small (self-developed) qt application on a Tablet PC with the XP tablet edition i experienced strange problems:
The application crashes as soon as a QPlainTextEdit or QTextEdit widget is instaniated.
Another interesting thing is that the Qt Designer crashes as soon as i try to drag a QPlainTextEdit or QTextEdit to a form - but no such problems with other widgets.
I tried these things on two different tablet PCs and on other computers. There problem appears limited to all tablets with the xp tablet edition.

Did anyone experience this before? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Michael

wysota
2nd July 2008, 07:44
Have you tried debugging to see where it crashes?

proto
9th July 2008, 05:39
Yes, of course we did some debbuging - but it appears to be somewhere deep in Qt....

I made a bug report on the trolltech site and the official answer was that they "don't have any Tablet PCs here and do not test or support Qt on that platform. However, we have a number of customers that have developed Qt applications for the Tablet PC, without any problem as drastical as this."
Also they suggested to "reconsider your choice of compiler. I have doubts that MinGW and the respective runtimes are well tested on Tablet PCs. I believe most customers we had contact with earlier used VC++ for their Tablet PC projects."

After inserting a huge number of __declspec(...)-statements into the code we were able to compile the program with msvc2005 but we observed exactly the same problems.

However, now we switched back to Qt4.3.2 and had no such problems anymore.

We hope Trolltech will fix this problem with the Tablet Edition - supported or not...

Best Regards,

Michael

wysota
9th July 2008, 07:30
Could you show us the complete backtrace?