PDA

View Full Version : Tray context menu display issues

r2hubert
7th July 2008, 19:20
I'm running QT 4.4.0 and I'm having inconsistent behavior with the menu from my App Tray icon.
Randomly when right clicking my App tray icon the menu will appear with a random degree of transparency to the point where it's almost invisible.
Once the display issue occur, the menu will always show with the same transparency until restart of the App.
I could not find a consistent way to reproduce the issue but right clicking several times in a row the tray icon will eventually trigger this display issue.
I've seen it happen on XP and Vista.
Anyone seen a similar issue? Is it a know bug? Anything to prevent the issue?

Thanks

jpn
7th July 2008, 20:19
Could you post a screenshot? Does it happen with the Tray Icon example too? Do you have any fancy XP themes installed? :)

r2hubert
7th July 2008, 21:25
I haven't tried the tray icon example, I'm not doing anything fancy. The menus in the App window it self do not have this issue, only the tray icon.
I can reproduce the issue on any PC with XP or Vista.

r2hubert
7th July 2008, 22:52
Okay I thoutgh I could work around the issue by adding the following code every time the tray icon is activated. But I'm pretty sure I should not have to do this :eek: And still I got the issue... :crying: but it seems to happen less frequently.

qreal opacity = trayIconMenu->windowOpacity();
if(opacity != 1.0) { // The menu is transparent let's force him to opaque
trayIconMenu->setWindowOpacity(1.0);
}

BTW I never change the opacity anywhere else... :confused:

r2hubert
16th July 2008, 16:44
Could you post a screenshot? Does it happen with the Tray Icon example too? Do you have any fancy XP themes installed? :)

Well I just tried the example from QT examples/desktop/systray and I'm getting the same display bug! It might be a problem introduce with 4.4 and the way they manage the painters...

Any thoughts?

-- Renaud