PDA

View Full Version : drawing a toolbar on the desktop.

nupul
27th March 2006, 11:13
Hi group,

I wish to design a toolbar, that will be displayed on the desktop. It must have no Window Border around it and when the other windows are maximized, they should be cascaded along with the toolbar

e.g: a panel/taskbar (in linux/windows). Whenever a window is maximized it orients itself along the panel/taskbar. I wish to achieve the same on Linux...Any provision for it in Qt4? How do i achieve the same?
:confused:

Thanks

Nupul

wysota
27th March 2006, 21:35
Have you already tried anything?

nupul
28th March 2006, 10:13
yes wysota, I have created a window with ONE pushbutton inside and set some flags viz
Qt::FramelessWindowHint and Qt:WindowStaysOnTop but still the other windows when maximised, orient themselves "AROUND" my widget and NOT along the widget's window boundary!!

Any solutions?
:(

Thanks

Nupul

wysota
28th March 2006, 12:10
I don't think it is achievable using plain Qt. It highly depends on the window manager itself.

nupul
28th March 2006, 15:52
I suggest you look at my other thread....I have asked whether it is possible to set window manager hints (NETWM) via Qt esp for those hints NOT highlighted by the qt doc.

Thanks

Nupul

nupul
29th March 2006, 06:13
Hey people,

If you've scrolled up till here maybe in hope of the answer, then I have some good news for you...

To achieve this behaviour you need to address a specific window manager functionality using the NETWM hints as per the ICCCM standard....The full details are in the following thread Titled: setting EWM (extended window manager) hints via Qt4 (X11)

http://www.qtcentre.org/forum/showthread.php?p=8684

CBM has given the answer to this issue...a big thanks to him

Nupul