PDA

View Full Version : Deploying application on Linux machine without Qt

will49
10th July 2008, 01:52
I need to send my Qt 4.3.5 application to someone who is running Suse Enterprise 10. When they try and run my application they get "Error while loading shared libraries: libQtGui.so.4". So it looks like Qt4 is not installed on that machine.

I'm not quite sure of the best to distribute the libraries given that I'm using a different distribution of Suse (Open Suse 10.3 vs Suse Enterprise 10).

Should I:

a) Send them the Qt library files from my machine? (will they work on another Linux version?)

b) Have them download compile Qt open source on their machine?

c) Statically link my application with the Qt libraries?

d) Are there typically pre-built libraries for Qt that can be installed from the source CD-ROM?

e) Something else?

Thanks

MrShahi
10th July 2008, 12:22
For this you have to build your exe statically.........After that you can run your application on non Qt system.........
Here is a link which help you to build statically Qt .....
http://www.rag.com.au/linux/qt4howto.html;)
I hope this will help you.........

wysota
10th July 2008, 22:41
I would suggest taking a closer look at LSB - Linux Standard Base. If you build your application (and Qt itself) in a LSB-compliant way or have an LSB-compliant installation of Qt, it will work on any LSB-compliant installation. This plus the fact that most modern distros are or can be LSB compliant should ease your life a bit.