PDA

View Full Version : talking execs...

xyzt
10th July 2008, 11:39
Hello
I plan to develop my project using QT but I have some questions in my mind. I want to clarify...
In the project there will be 3 seperate executables and these executables will talk each other.I mean, one of them will do its job and inform the other one and it will go on like that. How can I achive this kind of thing using QT? I looked at QProcess class but it doesn't provide this kine of faccility as I see...perhaps I'm wrong,i'm not sure...
May somebody put light to my way please?

munna
10th July 2008, 12:54
You can use Qt D-Bus (http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/intro-to-dbus.html) but its unix only. The otherway by which you can do this is, make your exec1 write the information the you want to pass on to exec2 or exec3 into a file and then using QProcess execute the exec2 or exec3. Then exec2 or exec3 can read from that file.

babu198649
10th July 2008, 13:30
if the communication between the executables is one way then ,store the output of the first executable as a string and pass it to the second executable as the command line argument using QProcess.

xyzt
10th July 2008, 13:35
think that all the executables will be running...they will not call each other,they will communicate...

calhal
10th July 2008, 14:51
You can make them client-server (TCP or UDP) like some unix apps.

wysota
10th July 2008, 17:40
I'd like to suggest using QLocalSocket and QLocalServer.