PDA

View Full Version : Possible bug of Qt on QListWidget?

SkripT
27th March 2006, 14:19
Hi all, I use Qt4.1.0 for WindowsXP. In my app I make a thumbnailing of images using a QListwidget. I set the icon size and the grid size. The problem is that after filling the list with the icons, the texts of the items are overlaped. I attach an image of the problem. But if I maximize th window, it causes the list widget to be painted again and this time it elides the text well. I want to know if it's the correct behaviour of the list: the user has to call to repaint everytime it inserts a new item in the list or it's just a "bug" of this version of Qt?

Thanks

zlatko
27th March 2006, 14:25
If you use free win version the problem can hide there

SkripT
27th March 2006, 14:28
If you use free win version the problem can hide there

Sorry zlatko my english is a little poor and I dont' understand "the problem can hide there". What dou you mean? :confused:

jpn
27th March 2006, 14:36
Are you using items or item widgets?
At least with item widgets, there was some incorrect behaviour detected in 4.1.0 which was already fixed in 4.1.1.
I remember noticing some issues with "convenience" itemviews and their item/cell widgets, like misplacement of widgets due to scrolling and so on..
And uhm, as I recall, item widgets weren't introduced until 4.1.0, so I'd suggest you to update to 4.1.1..

SkripT
27th March 2006, 14:38
Are you using items or item widgets?

I use QListWidgetItems

It's useful to know that's a bug of Qt, so I don't need to fill all the code with repaints ;)

zlatko
27th March 2006, 14:39
Its not first thread about strange behaviour widgets in free win version of Qt library so IMHO problem can be hided actually it this realisation :rolleyes:

jpn
27th March 2006, 14:54
It's useful to know that's a bug of Qt, so I don't need to fill all the code with repaints ;)
Sounds a bit harsh ;) Did you check task tracker for such a bug?
Are there any obstacles to updating to 4.1.1? It's just a mental image but I think convenience itemviews were improved quite a bit from 4.1.0 to 4.1.1.
Or maybe it's just my personal experience with fighting with item widgets..

Chicken Blood Machine
27th March 2006, 19:03
Its not first thread about strange behaviour widgets in free win version of Qt library so IMHO problem can be hided actually it this realisation :rolleyes:

The GPL version of Qt4 is no different to the commercial versions (albeit lacking some features). The fact that it may contain bugs is entirely possible, but that is also the case with the X11 version, so stating the obvious doesn't really help with this guy's problem!

@SkripT - Did you try again with Qt 4.1.1? The problem may be fixed there.

SkripT
27th March 2006, 23:34
@SkripT - Did you try again with Qt 4.1.1? The problem may be fixed there.

Still no, I will comment it when I try it :o

SkripT
28th March 2006, 13:05
Hi again. I've installed the new version of Qt (4.1.1). And the bug is ........... NOT fixed :( But I want to say that many others bugs has been solved like a bug very anoying with the scroll bars in the tree view. The behaviour now with my QListWidget is very strange: when I insert the QListWidgetItems for the first time it elides the text well (with the previous version doesn't). The problem comes when, after the items have been inserted, if I try to change the icon of the items it doesn't elide well. I attach an example. The strange is that this was working well in the previous version :eek: Maybe in the next version i will have more luck? :p