PDA

View Full Version : Installing Qt 4 on Mac os X

qtray
15th July 2008, 22:29
Hi, yesterday i tried to install Qt from the binary release in mac os X and when i tried to build the project with Xcode i kept getting the error message that it couldn't find the QtCore framework ( warning can't open dynamic library: QtCore.framework/Versions/4/QtCore referenced ...).

Doing some research on the internet it seemed to be a known bug, so i installed it again from the sources but kept getting the same error with Xcode. Then i tried to compile the application from the command line but got the same error. Doing more research on the web, i found out something about libSoQt.dylib of whether it had the right path for the frameworks, but as it turned out after searching for libSoQt.dylib, i couldn't find it anywhere in my computer; it wasn't there where it supposedly should be.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks in adavnce

Kal
8th August 2008, 21:34
I'm having the same problem but I wasn't aware that this is a known bug. I've been trying to work around it by installing from source, as you did, but I can't get configure to recognize my license. I was hoping to be able to install without frameworks and just reference dylibs.

I've found a few clues about installing the license file but none of them work for me.

Edit: Once I was able to reinstall from source, I still received the xcode error. Running the uninstall script (I had a previous version plus the binary version install) and then reinstalling from source again fixed it. I think my path's qmake was an old reference and when qmake-ing projects, they were probably setup to link to the wrong location. I hope this helps!