PDA

View Full Version : Unable to execute in Debug Mode

Kapil
29th March 2006, 07:24
Hi...

So far i was executing my applications in the release mode... i.e by adding CONFIG += release.. So far it was okay but now i am not able to debug the application w/o the application running in debug mode...
Now when i try to execute the application in the debug mode i.e adding CONFIG += debug, i am not able to do so as it gives errors:

C:\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\..\..\..\..\ mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lQtGuid4.
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Please tell how to get the solution...

Thanking you...
Kapil

wysota
29th March 2006, 09:37
Look at the FAQ (http://www.qtcentre.org/forum/faq.php?faq=qt_general_category#faq_qt_compile_deb ug).

Kapil
29th March 2006, 09:42
Look at the FAQ (http://www.qtcentre.org/forum/faq.php?faq=qt_general_category#faq_qt_compile_deb ug).

Hi..

I had gone through the FAQ earlier and i tried it now also.. both the options give the same error... It just runs fine when i use CONFIG += release..

rest all options it gives the error defined above...

Kapil

wysota
29th March 2006, 10:09
But did you actually compile and install after running configure?

Kapil
29th March 2006, 10:24
But did you actually compile and install after running configure?

Was this question in regard to installation of QT on my system or the application that i created..

If installation then..

after i installed, i ran configure -debug and then make at the QT 4.1.1 Command Prompt...

which also gave many errors at the end... they were quite many and ranged out of the command prompt buffer... i am showing the last page of the errors.. first page went out of the range..

styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3331: error: `CS_ACTIVE' undeclared (first use this f
unction)
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3333: error: `WP_CAPTION' undeclared (first use this
function)
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp: In member function `virtual QPixmap QWindowsXPStyle:
:standardPixmap(QStyle::StandardPixmap, const QStyleOption*, const QWidget*) con
st':
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3368: error: `WP_SMALLCLOSEBUTTON' undeclared (first
use this function)
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3368: error: `CBS_NORMAL' undeclared (first use this
function)
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3371: error: `TS_TRUE' undeclared (first use this fun
ction)
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3371: error: `pGetThemePartSize' cannot be used as a
function
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3364: warning: unused variable 'dwOpt'
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp: In member function `QIcon QWindowsXPStyle::standardI
conImplementation(QStyle::StandardPixmap, const QStyleOption*, const QWidget*) c
onst':
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3399: error: `WP_SMALLCLOSEBUTTON' undeclared (first
use this function)
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3399: error: `CBS_NORMAL' undeclared (first use this
function)
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3400: error: `WP_MAXBUTTON' undeclared (first use thi
s function)
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3400: error: `MAXBS_NORMAL' undeclared (first use thi
s function)
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3403: error: `TS_TRUE' undeclared (first use this fun
ction)
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3403: error: `pGetThemePartSize' cannot be used as a
function
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3411: error: `MAXBS_PUSHED' undeclared (first use thi
s function)
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3415: error: `MAXBS_HOT' undeclared (first use this f
unction)
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3419: error: `MAXBS_DISABLED' undeclared (first use t
his function)
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3396: warning: unused variable 'dwOpt'
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3439: error: `pGetThemePartSize' cannot be used as a
function
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3443: error: `WP_CLOSEBUTTON' undeclared (first use t
his function)
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3448: error: `CBS_PUSHED' undeclared (first use this
function)
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3452: error: `CBS_HOT' undeclared (first use this fun
ction)
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3456: error: `CBS_DISABLED' undeclared (first use thi
s function)
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3433: warning: unused variable 'dwOpt'
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3473: error: `WP_RESTOREBUTTON' undeclared (first use
this function)
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3476: error: `pGetThemePartSize' cannot be used as a
function
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:3469: warning: unused variable 'dwOpt'
mingw32-make[2]: *** [tmp\obj\debug_shared\qwindowsxpstyle.o] Error 1
mingw32-make[2]: Leaving directory `C:/Qt/4.1.0/src/gui'
mingw32-make[1]: *** [debug] Error 2
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Qt/4.1.0/src/gui'
mingw32-make: *** [debug-gui] Error 2

else if the question was in regard to my application..

then in the .pro file i included the statement CONFIG += debug and then tried to run the command make but giving nothing than error...

The error which it gave i have mentioned earlier...

Thank you..
Kapil

ChristianEhrlicher
30th March 2006, 06:40
You'll need the latest win32-api files from mingw:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435&package_id=82721&release_id=158847

wysota
30th March 2006, 09:44
So you didn't compile it :) Last page of errors is of no use. You can redirect the output from make to a file to keep all the messages.

Kapil
30th March 2006, 10:29
Hi...

The redirection of the make to a file kept everything but the errors and warnings :D

Compiling it?? :confused:

After configure + make, i need to compile it also.. now for that which command do i have to run..... :confused:

Will try that out :)

Thanks for the reply...

Kapil

wysota
1st April 2006, 08:34
Make failed, so you didn't compile it. You have to redirect stderr to a file, not stdout, then you'll get your error messages. Alternatively press Ctrl+C when errors start to appear.

Kapil
1st April 2006, 09:22
Make failed, so you didn't compile it. You have to redirect stderr to a file, not stdout, then you'll get your error messages. Alternatively press Ctrl+C when errors start to appear.

Here are the set of errors which have come..
They arise from the file qwindowsxpstyle.cpp.. My OS is Widows 2000 prof... Are they 'coz of different OS...

I am pasting the first page of them..

styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:67:21: uxtheme.h: No such file or directory
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:68:22: tmschema.h: No such file or directory
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:168: warning: `__stdcall__' attribute only applies to function types
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:168: error: typedef `PtrGetThemePartSize' is initialized (use __typeof__ instead)
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:168: error: `HTHEME' was not declared in this scope
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:168: error: expected primary-expression before "hdc"
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:168: error: expected primary-expression before "int"
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:168: error: expected primary-expression before "int"
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:168: error: expected primary-expression before '*' token
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:168: error: `prc' was not declared in this scope
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:168: error: expected primary-expression before "enum"
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:168: error: expected primary-expression before '*' token
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:168: error: `psz' was not declared in this scope
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:169: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `HTHEME' with no type
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:169: error: typedef `HTHEME' is initialized (use __typeof__ instead)
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:169: error: expected primary-expression before "__attribute__"
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:169: error: expected `,' or `;' before '(' token
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:181: error: `INTLIST' has not been declared
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:181: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `pIntList' with no type
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:182: error: `MARGINS' has not been declared
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:182: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `pMargins' with no type
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:184: error: use of enum `THEMESIZE' without previous declaration
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:184: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `eSize' with no type
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:184: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef LONG (*PtrGetThemePartSize)(HTHEME, struct HDC__*, int, int, struct RECT*, int, struct SIZE*)'
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:168: error: 'PtrGetThemePartSize' has a previous declaration as `typedef LONG*PtrGetThemePartSize'
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:184: error: declaration of `typedef LONG (*PtrGetThemePartSize)(HTHEME, struct HDC__*, int, int, struct RECT*, int, struct SIZE*)'
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:168: error: conflicts with previous declaration `typedef LONG*PtrGetThemePartSize'
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:184: error: declaration of `typedef LONG (*PtrGetThemePartSize)(HTHEME, struct HDC__*, int, int, struct RECT*, int, struct SIZE*)'
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:168: error: conflicts with previous declaration `typedef LONG*PtrGetThemePartSize'
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:186: error: use of enum `PROPERTYORIGIN' without previous declaration
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:186: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `pOrigin' with no type
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:193: error: `PtrOpenThemeData' does not name a type
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp: In member function `HTHEME XPThemeData::handle()':
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:399: error: `pOpenThemeData' undeclared (first use this function)
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:399: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp: In member function `const QPixmap* QWindowsXPStylePrivate::tabBody(QWidget*)':
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:545: error: `TABP_BODY' undeclared (first use this function)
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:546: error: `TS_TRUE' undeclared (first use this function)
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:546: error: `pGetThemePartSize' cannot be used as a function
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp: In static member function `static bool QWindowsXPStylePrivate::resolveSymbols()':
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:575: error: `pOpenThemeData' undeclared (first use this function)
styles\qwindowsxpstyle.cpp:575: error: `PtrOpenThemeData' undeclared (first use this function)

ALso there were set of warnings at the starting... Here they are..

..\..\corelib\io\qfsfileengine.cpp:130: warning: 'QByteArray openModeToFopenMode(QFlags<QIODevice::OpenModeFlag>, const QString&)' defined but not used
..\..\corelib\io\qfsfileengine.cpp:130: warning: 'QByteArray openModeToFopenMode(QFlags<QIODevice::OpenModeFlag>, const QString&)' defined but not used
io\qfsfileengine.cpp:130: warning: 'QByteArray openModeToFopenMode(QFlags<QIODevice::OpenModeFlag>, const QString&)' defined but not used
kernel\qeventdispatcher_win.cpp: In destructor `virtual QEventDispatcherWin32Private::~QEventDispatcherWin 32Private()':
kernel\qeventdispatcher_win.cpp:156: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
kernel\qeventdispatcher_win.cpp: In function `HWND__* qt_create_internal_window(const QEventDispatcherWin32*)':
kernel\qeventdispatcher_win.cpp:322: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
kernel\qeventdispatcher_win.cpp:780:2: warning: no newline at end of file
Creating library file: C:\Qt\4.1.1\lib\libQtCored4.a
Creating library file: C:\Qt\4.1.1\lib\libQtXmld4.a
kernel\qapplication_win.cpp: In member function `bool QETWidget::translateTabletEvent(const MSG&, PACKET*, int)':
kernel\qapplication_win.cpp:3303: warning: passing `qreal' for converting 1 of `QPoint::QPoint(int, int)'
kernel\qapplication_win.cpp:3303: warning: passing `qreal' for converting 2 of `QPoint::QPoint(int, int)'
In file included from C:/Qt/4.1.1/include/QtGui/private/qprintengine_win_p.h:1,
from painting\qprinter.cpp:34:
C:/Qt/4.1.1/include/QtGui/private/../../../src/gui/painting/qprintengine_win_p.h: In constructor `QWin32PrintEnginePrivate::QWin32PrintEnginePrivat e()':
C:/Qt/4.1.1/include/QtGui/private/../../../src/gui/painting/qprintengine_win_p.h:180: warning: `QWin32PrintEnginePrivate::hdc' will be initialized after
C:/Qt/4.1.1/include/QtGui/private/../../../src/gui/painting/qprintengine_win_p.h:177: warning: `void*QWin32PrintEnginePrivate::pInfo'

As u said that make failed 'coz i had not compiled... But if this is the case then why does make execute my application whenever i include the line CONFIG += release in my .pro file... :confused:

jacek
1st April 2006, 11:10
Did you upgrade MinGW's win API libraries as Christian told you?

Kapil
1st April 2006, 11:42
Did you upgrade MinGW's win API libraries as Christian told you?

Yes, I did that.. i extracted the include and lib headers and replaced them with the existing MinGW files...

jacek
1st April 2006, 12:08
Then try compiling Qt without windows xp style (configure -no-style-windowsxp).

Kapil
1st April 2006, 12:15
Then try compiling Qt without windows xp style (configure -no-style-windowsxp).

did that too.. still am not able to make in debug mode..

jacek
1st April 2006, 12:26
did that too.. still am not able to make in debug mode..
And you are still getting error messages regarding qwindowsxpstyle.cpp file? Does the Qt version you have support your OS?

wysota
1st April 2006, 12:53
And try running "make sub-src" instead of pure "make", this should only compile the libraries you need (provided that you already have the release mode files). Of course it's all in addition to what's already been said (make clean could also help if you still get errors on the windowsxp style, which you won't be able to use on Windows2000 anyway).

Kapil
3rd April 2006, 05:08
And you are still getting error messages regarding qwindowsxpstyle.cpp file? Does the Qt version you have support your OS?

The QT version supports my OS.. its Windows2000 pro.
I am able to create applications and the execute them in the release mode.. but that does not create my build in debug mode...
so if there are errors then i am not able to debug them..

This is the error when i try to run "make" for my application in debug mode..

C:\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\..\..\..\..\ mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lQtGuid4

Kapil

ChristianEhrlicher
3rd April 2006, 06:41
Seems like Kapil won't understand us...
Did you build Qt witout errors with configure.exe -no-style-windowsxp and is qt4-dir/lib/qtguid4.dll available? If the dll is not avialable, than you did not build Qt correct and therefore linking your app in debug mode will not work... :mad:

Kapil
3rd April 2006, 07:09
Did you build Qt witout errors with configure.exe -no-style-windowsxp

yes i did build it same as it was suggested i.e. i ran the command configure.exe -no-style-windowsxp..

is qt4-dir/lib/qtguid4.dll available?

yes, it is there in my qt4-dir/lib/qtguid4.dll...

Now what next ?? I have done exactly the way it has been suggested in the above posts..

I hope this makes u feel i have understood something somewhere :)
Thanks for the reply... :)

Kapil

ChristianEhrlicher
3rd April 2006, 07:17
Ok, then please rerun qmake (the one in qt4-dir/bin) and if it won't link either, take a look if qt4-dir/lib is in the link-command (or post the complete link command and not only the error message). Maybe you use another qmake.exe which points to the wrong qt4/lib - directory...

Kapil
3rd April 2006, 07:26
Ok, then please rerun qmake (the one in qt4-dir/bin) and if it won't link either, take a look if qt4-dir/lib is in the link-command (or post the complete link command and not only the error message). Maybe you use another qmake.exe which points to the wrong qt4/lib - directory...

how to find what all directories are in the link-command for qmake.. where are they specified... :confused:

ChristianEhrlicher
3rd April 2006, 07:32
how to find what all directories are in the link-command for qmake.. where are they specified... :confused:
You should see them when you execute mingw32-make.

Kapil
3rd April 2006, 09:30
The complete link command and not just the error is:

mingw32-make -f Makefile.Debug
mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory `D:/Kapil_Folder/PracticeQT/Sample'
g++ -mthreads -Wl,-enable-stdcall-fixup -Wl,-enable-auto-import -Wl,-enable-runt
ime-pseudo-reloc -Wl,-subsystem,windows -o "debug\Sample.exe" debug\main.o -L"C
:\Qt\4.1.0\lib" -lmingw32 -lqtmaind -lQtGuid4 -lQtCored4
C:\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\..\..\..\..\ mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot fin
d -lQtGuid4
mingw32-make[1]: *** [debug\Sample.exe] Error 1
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `D:/Kapil_Folder/PracticeQT/Sample'
mingw32-make: *** [debug] Error 2

I hope this gives u the idea... i compiled it again..

Kapil
3rd April 2006, 09:37
And try running "make sub-src" instead of pure "make", this should only compile the libraries you need (provided that you already have the release mode files). Of course it's all in addition to what's already been said (make clean could also help if you still get errors on the windowsxp style, which you won't be able to use on Windows2000 anyway).

hi wysota...

a strange thing is happening.. when i am trying to run make sub-src, its taking too much of memory... and saying that no memory left on device.. i had more than 250 MB free for this purpose and strangely all of it is consumed while compiling.. this is strange.. never happened before when i used just "make".. what can be the reason for it.. the error which it displays before exiting is this..

g++ -mthreads -Wl,-enable-stdcall-fixup -Wl,-enable-auto-import -Wl,-enable-runt
ime-pseudo-reloc -shared -Wl,--out-implib,C:\Qt\4.1.1\lib\libQtSvgd4.a -o "..\..
\lib\QtSvgd4.dll" object_script.QtSvgd.Debug -L"C:\Qt\4.1.1\lib" -L"C:\Qt\4.1.1
\lib" tmp\obj\debug_shared\QtSvgd_resource.o -lQtXmld4 -lQtGuid4 -lQtCored4
Creating library file: C:\Qt\4.1.1\lib\libQtSvgd4.a
C:\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\..\..\..\..\ mingw32\bin\ld.exe: final link
failed: No space left on device
mingw32-make[3]: *** [..\..\lib\QtSvgd4.dll] Error 1
mingw32-make[3]: Leaving directory `C:/Qt/4.1.1/src/svg'
mingw32-make[2]: *** [debug-all] Error 2
mingw32-make[2]: Leaving directory `C:/Qt/4.1.1/src/svg'
mingw32-make[1]: *** [sub-svg-make_default-ordered] Error 2
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Qt/4.1.1/src'
mingw32-make: *** [sub-src] Error 2

ChristianEhrlicher
3rd April 2006, 09:50
As I said - you're using the wrong qmake.exe...
You build Qt4.1.1 with debug in C:\Qt\4.1.1 but you run qmake.exe from 4.1.0 in C:\Qt\4.1.0. This 'old' qmake is using the library-paths from 4.1.0 and not the paths from 4.1.1.
Rerun qmake (c:\Qt\4.1.1\bin\qmake).

Kapil
3rd April 2006, 09:56
As I said - you're using the wrong qmake.exe...
You build Qt4.1.1 with debug in C:\Qt\4.1.1 but you run qmake.exe from 4.1.0 in C:\Qt\4.1.0. This 'old' qmake is using the library-paths from 4.1.0 and not the paths from 4.1.1.
Rerun qmake (c:\Qt\4.1.1\bin\qmake).

okay... what option should i specify with qmake.. shold it be -makefile

ChristianEhrlicher
3rd April 2006, 10:08
okay... what option should i specify with qmake.. shold it be -makefile
Please think before you post...
You should execute c:\Qt\4.1.1\bin\qmake and not c:\Qt\4.1.0\bin\qmake . If you used some options before, you should use them now too.

Kapil
3rd April 2006, 10:32
Please think before you post...
You should execute c:\Qt\4.1.1\bin\qmake and not c:\Qt\4.1.0\bin\qmake . If you used some options before, you should use them now too.

Hi..

Its working now...

Thanks a lot for pointing out my mistake... next time i would definetly work out all my options before posting so that it does not create inconvenience for you all... Sorry for that..

take care..

with regards,
Kapil

wysota
3rd April 2006, 11:49
a strange thing is happening.. when i am trying to run make sub-src, its taking too much of memory... and saying that no memory left on device.. i had more than 250 MB free for this purpose and strangely all of it is consumed while compiling.. this is strange.. never happened before when i used just "make".. what can be the reason for it.. the error which it displays before exiting is this..

You ran out of disk space. Debug libraries are much (and I mean much) larger than release ones so you need much more disk space to build them. No matter if you run make or make sub-src, the process of building the libraries will be the same, because make calls sub-src target anyway. The difference is that other components (like tools, etc.) won't be built when using make sub-src. It's simply faster this way.

Kapil
3rd April 2006, 12:24
I am running out of major space.. :crying:

I didnt know it and had not kept much of space... i am deleting or moving many of the files now.. it has nearly taken 2.00 GB space.. dont know how much more will it take... does it take so much ????

Also,
But why is it so that the programs which were running with 4.1.0 in the release mode are not getting compiled now (4.1.1 -debug)... :confused:

In my applications, i had directly included the #include files.. ie #include <Q3Canvas> and #include <Q3CanvasView>... earlier they were running fine but now it is saying that these files are not found whereas they are where they should be...

do i have to give the full path... or the path of the header file ????

wysota
3rd April 2006, 14:07
I didnt know it and had not kept much of space... i am deleting or moving many of the files now.. it has nearly taken 2.00 GB space.. dont know how much more will it take... does it take so much ????
It depends whether you compile both debug and release or only debug. It shouldn't take more than a gigabyte or so. Maybe it's your Windows swap file that's eating your resources?

Also,
But why is it so that the programs which were running with 4.1.0 in the release mode are not getting compiled now (4.1.1 -debug)... :confused:

Because you don't have debug structures and libraries in your installation.

In my applications, i had directly included the #include files.. ie #include <Q3Canvas> and #include <Q3CanvasView>... earlier they were running fine but now it is saying that these files are not found whereas they are where they should be...
You might have a broken or incomplete installation.

do i have to give the full path... or the path of the header file ????
If your installation is correct and your project file is correct (QT+=qt3support), you should be able to call them without paths.

Kapil
3rd April 2006, 14:17
Hi...

I got this error when i compiled everything... when i tried to execute the .exe which was created in the debug mode...

it said..

The dynamic link library Qt3Support4.dll could not be found in the specified path...
// and then it showed me the entire Environment variables path...

now from where do i get the Qt3Support4.dll.. The compilation was fine.. and there came no errors also which were coming earlier.... I have also included the directory path in the Enviroment variables and it is showing it also...

wysota
3rd April 2006, 16:39
You are building your application in release mode. Do you have release mode libraries compiled too?

Kapil
3rd April 2006, 16:45
Hi..

I am not building the application in the release mode...

So far what i was doing was to add "CONFIG += release" in my .pro file as u had suggested once to make my application run...

but today after compiling in debug mode, it gave this error...

jacek
3rd April 2006, 17:22
Do you have "Qt3Support4.dll" file on your system somewhere?

Kapil
4th April 2006, 05:09
Do you have "Qt3Support4.dll" file on your system somewhere?

Hi..

yes i do have it.. its there in the C:\Qt\4.1.1\bin...

jacek
4th April 2006, 14:47
yes i do have it.. its there in the C:\Qt\4.1.1\bin...
Is it also in C:\Qt\4.1.1\lib?

Kapil
5th April 2006, 05:02
Hi..

Nope.. its not there at the C:\Qt\4.1.1\lib... but i have the Qt3Supportd4.dll present in the lib folder of the QtDIR...
In fact i have all of these file sin support to the Qt3Supportd4.dll

libQt3Support4.a
libQt3Supportd4.a
Qt3Support.prl
Qt3Supportd.prl
Qt3Supportd4.dll

Now what should i do ????????

Kapil

Kapil
5th April 2006, 07:27
Hi...

Its working now..

Basically i had not set the path C:\Qt\4.1.1\lib in the enviornment variables... i didnt know that i have to do that also.. i just thought that i have to set only the "bin" path which is "c:\Qt\4.1.1\bin".. now that i have done that its working...

is it correct this way ??? like in the docs it was no where mentioned to mention the "lib" path as well in the enviornment variables???????
so if its correct then this updation can be made in the docs.. or if its just a forced way to make the application run, then what is the proper way of getting things done...

Thanks a lot for all the help everyone has provided...

with due regards,
Kapil