PDA

View Full Version : tool bar icon size looking small???

darpan
29th March 2006, 08:54
Hi
How I can increase the size of Toolbar in my application. I had taken the 48x48 icons but when i run the application it appear as of small size, these also look small at design time. how i can icrease the size of toolbar or icon so that it looks larger as 48x48.

Thanks and regards

Everall
29th March 2006, 09:14
Hello Darpan,

You can select the QToolbar in the object inspector and change the iconSize property to eg. 64 X 64 in the property editor.

AFAIK the maximum size of your icon is the maximum size of your button image in the toolbar. The QToolbar can be bigger though.

Cheers

darpan
29th March 2006, 12:09
Hi,

I am using QT 3.3.5 ,I can't find any such property in property window where i can specify the size of icon.

What should i have to do?

Thanks and Regards

Everall
30th March 2006, 16:41
Hello Darpan,

My solution works for QT4. I didn't know you are on QT3.

In QT3 you could add a PushButton and choose a pixmap for it. Then you can play with the size.

Cheers

arnaiz
30th March 2006, 22:29
Hello Darpan,

I have another solution for Qt3 that I'm actually using. Yo can use QMainWindow::setUsesBigPixmaps() to extend size for the icons in your toolbar to 32x32 pixels.

Read all about it, in the documentation for class QToolButton.

Since I'm new to this forum, let me send my greetings from Mexico to all of you.
Good luck!

darpan
31st March 2006, 14:51
Hi,

How can i increase the size toolbar buttons so that when i taking the 48x48 icons then it shows 48x48 tool buttons.

Best Regards

Everall
31st March 2006, 16:18
Hello Darpan,

Maybe you could provide us with an ui-file to show you what you have now.

If you use a PushButton with a 48X48 pixmap the pushbuttons should be 48X48 already.

Cheers

arnaiz
31st March 2006, 17:38
Hello, darpan:

You ask for some way to increase size of toolbuttons to 48x48 using Qt3. The answer is that it's not posible. The limit is 32x32 (see documentation for class QToolButton).

Everall solution, is to use pushbuttons instead of toolbuttons, then you can increase size to what ever you want, but just for the icons in the push button. The toolbuttons will keep there size (32x32 as an upper limit).

If you have to use 48x48, you have to use everall solution and change all your toolbuttons with pushbuttons. If your design admits a 32x32 limit, then you can use my solution, with no need to change toolbuttons with pushbuttons.

Hope this can help you.
Good luck.