PDA

View Full Version : Is there any cool style for windows?

SkripT
29th March 2006, 13:20
Hi all, I have been looking at the mac style widget gallery from the Qt docs and I've found it it very cool. Do you know if anyone has intented to port it to windows? Or if exists any similar or other style for windows than the styles that come with Qt?

Chicken Blood Machine
29th March 2006, 18:38
Hi all, I have been looking at the mac style widget gallery from the Qt docs and I've found it it very cool. Do you know if anyone has intented to port it to windows? Or if exists any similar or other style for windows than the styles that come with Qt?

It can't be ported to Windows because the Qt Mac style uses the native OSX theming engine, in the same way that the Windows XP style cannot be ported to Mac or UNIX. Have a look at kde-look.org though, there are some OSX-like styles there. If you download the source code, you may be able to get one of them working on Windows.

SkripT
29th March 2006, 23:50
It can't be ported to Windows because the Qt Mac style uses the native OSX theming engine, in the same way that the Windows XP style cannot be ported to Mac or UNIX. Have a look at kde-look.org though, there are some OSX-like styles there. If you download the source code, you may be able to get one of them working on Windows.

Thanks for the link Chicken Blood Machine, but I think that could be a dificult task to get one of them working for Windows and also I still have a lot of work to do in my app ;) I've found this link with some styles for win32 http://www.kelta.net/index.php?option=content&task=category&sectionid=7&id=12&Itemid=38 Anybody knows other links to donwload more styles for windows?

Chicken Blood Machine
29th March 2006, 23:53
Thanks for the link Chicken Blood Machine, but I think that could be a dificult task to get one of them working for Windows and also I still have a lot of work to do in my app ;) I've found this link with some styles for win32 http://www.kelta.net/index.php?option=content&task=category&sectionid=7&id=12&Itemid=38 Anybody knows other links to donwload more styles for windows?

It might not be as hard as you think, I believe most KDE styles use the Qt library alone (no KDE stuff) and so it should be just a case of recompiling the style on Windows (obviously, you'll have to fix any compilation errors).

SkripT
30th March 2006, 00:05
It might not be as hard as you think, I believe most KDE styles use the Qt library alone (no KDE stuff) and so it should be just a case of recompiling the style on Windows (obviously, you'll have to fix any compilation errors).

I will take a look at it, but I'm not so sure that it use the Qt library alone...

Brandybuck
30th March 2006, 07:25
Actually, most KDE styles do use some KDE stuff. One common area are pixmap effects, such as gradients. It should still be easy to port many styles to plain Qt though, it just won't be completely effortless.

Chicken Blood Machine
30th March 2006, 17:42
Actually, most KDE styles do use some KDE stuff. One common area are pixmap effects, such as gradients. It should still be easy to port many styles to plain Qt though, it just won't be completely effortless.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that.

SkripT
31st March 2006, 12:51
Has anybody tried to compile succesfuly any of the styles found on kelta.net with Qt4.x?