PDA

View Full Version : Advice on app design with many different pages

morraine
6th August 2008, 00:03
Hello i wonder if i can some advice on what direction to take with my application.

I'm trying to create a main window application with pyqt which has many pages and a custom designed tab widget toolbar area to navigate the applications different pages

now I'm learning qt and the idea of what i have to achieve this is to split the main window into to parts one being the tab widget toolbar area and the other being the container which will display the different pages.

i just what to ask a few questions about this:

is it possible to make a tool bars in qt which look like the tabbed toolbar in Microsoft Word 2007?

if it is what direction would i go - as in can i use an x - repeating background image like in css and also also css styling to get the design how i want?

how do i setup the page to load the main window to have a container which will display all the different pages which will be imported or dynamically loaded pages file?

I want to set off on the right foot as this is the main part of the application which i need to do right the first time round. Your input on this will be very grateful.

morraine
7th August 2008, 14:49
sorry guys i should have looked more at the online docs before posting,

i didn't realise that qt implements a subset of css2. COOL i will be able to do so much design wise with that. and i was getting a little confused with the relationship between QMainWindow and central widget and dock widgets and were i should start my custom page widgets

any way thanks as there was also alot of help here by searching the forum

thank you to QT Center for being here other wise i would be lost and also thank you to mark summerfield for writing "Rapid GUI Programing with Python and Qt" because with out that i would not have had a clue were to start.

cheers