PDA

View Full Version : CASE Tools for Qt4 Application Development--info needed

swamyonline
11th August 2008, 01:24
hi guys,
are there any UML based CASE tools for Qt4 Application development? im looking for Rational Rose type of UML CASE Tool for Qt4. i heard of umbrello, but did not try yet.
atleast, for documentation purpose, what r the tools available for Qt4. thanks in advance for ur suggestions... bye

wysota
11th August 2008, 09:44
What exactly do you mean by "for Qt4 Application development"? Any tool that works with C++ can be used with Qt and actually UML tools tend to operate on abstractions and not programming languages so you can use any UML tool you like, Rose included.

Iavor
11th October 2010, 16:12
What exactly do you mean by "for Qt4 Application development"? Any tool that works with C++ can be used with Qt and actually UML tools tend to operate on abstractions and not programming languages so you can use any UML tool you like, Rose included.

Following the Qt naming, the getter and setter methods for <property> must look like :

<type> <property>() ... and
void set<Property>(....)

Unfortunately, most of the UML C++ code generators create :

<type> get_<property>() ... and
void set_<property>(....).

Even though the prefixes are customizable, i still haven't found a way to make them capitalize the first letter of the property name after "set" prefix.
The best I've got is :
<type> <property>() ... and
void set<property>(....) in Enterprise Architect.