PDA

View Full Version : restoring qt3 for plugins

Honestmath
30th March 2006, 06:21
Hello All,

I recently installed Qt4 along side Qt3. It appears that there are issues with interference with the two. For example, Qt4 installation changed the environmental variable QTDIR, which I had to return to the Qt3 value.

I am currently trying to modify a few Designer plugins which I normally accomplish by running qmake on a .pro file (in windows xp). qmake seems to accomplish its goal, but now nmake throws out the following error:

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 7.10.3077
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

g:/Qt/3.3.4/\bin\uic.exe ..\home\widvalues.ui -o ..\home\widvalues.h
NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make '..\home\widincrementvalue.ui'
Stop.
The only thing that has changed is the installation of Qt4. Can anyone direct me to a fix for this problem?

Thank you to all,

Math

Kapil
30th March 2006, 07:00
Hi,

This error is because it is not able to find the nmake.exe...

As your new installation has been set to QT4, there is no nmake.exe present.. its make.exe for QT4...
set the paths properly for the new installation...
The two installations should not create any problems... they are independent of each other...
just set the QTDIR path to the one from which you want to execute..
If you want to execute using nmake.exe then set the path of QTDIR to Qt3.3
else to QT4...

Try to set the enviornment variables...

Honestmath
30th March 2006, 18:09
Hi,
As your new installation has been set to QT4, there is no nmake.exe present.. its make.exe for QT4...

Thank you, but might you be confusing nmake with qmake? nmake belongs to MSVC++, not Qt, so the directory would not have changed.

nmake is actually found, it is a problem that it does not know how to make a particular file, something that just occurred with the installation of Qt4.

Nevertheless, I shall trudge on. Thank you for your suggestion.

Cheers,
Math

Chicken Blood Machine
30th March 2006, 18:13
Hi,

This error is because it is not able to find the nmake.exe...

set the paths properly for the new installation...
The two installations should not create any problems... they are independent of each other...
just set the QTDIR path to the one from which you want to execute..
If you want to execute using nmake.exe then set the path of QTDIR to Qt3.3
else to QT4...

Try to set the enviornment variables...

Not true, you can use nmake for both (the make tool has nothing to do with Qt BTW, it is provided by Microsoft or Borland, or whoever). The problem is probably that you are using the Qt4 qmake to build a Qt3 project. make sure that the Qt3 qmake appears first in your %PATH% environment variable.