PDA

View Full Version : pointers behaviour in qt and specially signals/slot mechanism

salmanmanekia
15th August 2008, 09:00
hi..
i am developing a program in qt which is using pointer and i am running into some problem with it,but before putting my question here i would like to clear myself with the concept so if there is some special or efficient way of using pointer types in qt,i would like to know about that..
if you have any idea please do share..thanks....

wysota
15th August 2008, 09:23
Qt applications are C++ applications. Everything that applies to C++ applies to Qt-based apps as well.

salmanmanekia
15th August 2008, 09:26
yes,thats true..to be specific i was just guessing any mechanism form data sharing between classes ..

wysota
15th August 2008, 09:40
There are QSharedData and QSharedDataPointer classes (and their explicitely shared counterparts) but they are not really related to pointers. Pointers are pointers.

salmanmanekia
15th August 2008, 10:32
hmm..i have seen implicit and explicit sharing and it seems to make a copy/refernece of object with all it properites ..i have also seen qpointer as name suggests that it might be useful..but to no use...actually i am still stuck with the same problem which i posted tommorow and th post was moved to general programming,i was thinking of different approach but it seems i have no visible way OUT..!!..if anyone has some suggestion for that pls do tell me...until then i will keep trying..:D

wysota
17th August 2008, 19:34
hmm..i have seen implicit and explicit sharing and it seems to make a copy/refernece of object with all it properites
On the contrary, it does not make a copy of the object with all its data.

.i have also seen qpointer as name suggests that it might be useful..
It is useful, but to what purpose?

actually i am still stuck with the same problem which i posted tommorow and th post was moved to general programming,i was thinking of different approach but it seems i have no visible way OUT..!!..if anyone has some suggestion for that pls do tell me...until then i will keep trying..:D
Let's stick with one thread for the subject then.