PDA

View Full Version : Hello Qt fails, KDevelop un Ubuntu

tksharpless
31st August 2008, 01:10
First time user of KDevelop and Qt on Ubuntu Gnome. Total noob to all 3, but experienced cross developer.

Installed Qt 4.4.1 with "-prefix-install" configure option. Installed KDevelop with apt-get from deb http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/home:/amilcarlucas/xUbuntu_8.04/.

Trying to build the "hello Qt" demo project, get this in the messages window:
cd '/home/tommy/tryQt' && LC_MESSAGES="C" LC_CTYPE="C" /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.4.1/bin/ tryqt.pro
/bin/sh: /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.4.1/bin/: Permission denied
*** Exited with status: 126 ***

I do not have write access to the named dir, but I don't see why I should need it. I have no clue how to find the offending shell script so I'd appreciate an explanation.

Thanks, Tom

jacek
31st August 2008, 01:13
cd '/home/tommy/tryQt' && LC_MESSAGES="C" LC_CTYPE="C" /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.4.1/bin/ tryqt.pro
/bin/sh: /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.4.1/bin/: Permission denied
That path probably should end with "qmake". Check your KDevelop settings.

tksharpless
31st August 2008, 03:13
I agree. But Where? how? I can't find anything in the KDevelop GUI that looks like it would do that. Anyhow, since I asked it to use qmake, shouldn't it know that qmake is what it wants to run??

This is pretty clearly a KDeveop issue not a Qt one, so I really shouldn't be bothering you guys about it....

tksharpless
31st August 2008, 03:20
Check. Just found it: Project Options/C++ Support/Qt Options/qmake binary. The path was already filled in but not the program name. Not too obvious; but now it builds.

Thanks anyhow.