PDA

View Full Version : problem installing QT4 on Linux

p_kian
3rd September 2008, 07:23
hi,
I`m trying to install qt-x11-opensource-src-4.4.1 on Linux FC8...first I used ./configre...when I used gmake ....after some while the following error was given...
what`s the problem and how to solve it??
thanks
---------
In file included from /usr/include/krb5.h:7,
from /usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:72,
from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:191,
from ssl/qsslsocket_openssl_p.h:86,
from ssl/qsslsocket_openssl_symbols_p.h:71,
from ssl/qsslcertificate.cpp:123:
/usr/include/krb5/krb5.h:2690:24: error: et/com_err.h: No such file or directory
gmake[1]: *** [.obj/release-shared/qsslcertificate.o] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/root/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.4.1/src/network'
gmake: *** [sub-network-make_default-ordered] Error 2
---------------

ChristianEhrlicher
3rd September 2008, 08:24
Looks like your openssl version is to old/to new.
Why won't you use the Qt4 packages provided by your distribution?

p_kian
3rd September 2008, 08:40
Looks like your openssl version is to old/to new.
I cannot understand the relation with openssl, but anyway how to solve the problem?

Why won't you use the Qt4 packages provided by your distribution?
I went to trolltech.com ....this was the only package that seems related to my work ..I mean it doesn`t have any special package for FC8...what do you recommend?

ChristianEhrlicher
3rd September 2008, 08:46
It's a problem with your openssl headers - see /usr/include/openssl/kssl.h

And Trolltech isn't your linux distributor I would guess... or was Fedora Core bought by Trolltech :eek:

p_kian
3rd September 2008, 09:13
sorry, I`m really new to QT (and even to linux)...I couldn`t get what you mean:confused: ........I saw the file usr/include/openssl/kssl.h but what should be changed here?
I also tried to update the ssl (using yum update) but it said there is no update........................
is it possible to explain your solution more simply?

is it better to install Source RPM : qt4-4.3.2-1.fc8.src.rpm ...is it suitable and do the same thing?
thanks

raman_31181
15th September 2008, 10:12
comment out the openssl option while configuring Qt

use ./configure -no-openssl

this wont compile Qt for openssl...You can use this option only if you can do away with openssl libraries....
otherwise u need to update openssl libraies first and then build Qt

Amrita Singh
14th October 2008, 10:35
hi
its too late to go into this thread but i was facing similar problem while installing Qt4

my steps where

./configure went ok
make install sprung errors related to openssl.h header similar one
has the author of the problem could find out the way out with the suggestion of using
./configure -no-openssl since i have to configure again with this

regards
Amrita

montylee
14th October 2008, 13:16
Your best bet would be to try installing the compiled version of Qt for your linux flavor. If you have a working internet connection you can try installing it using "Synaptic" on Ubuntu and using "Yum" on Fedora. Synaptic and Yum automatically download and install the dependencies so you don't have to worry about 3rd party dependencies and compilation etc...

If you still want to install it from source, you have to first install all dependencies. Best way is to keep on trying and installing dependent packages as errors appear during compilation.

ThomasKennedy
13th April 2011, 13:17
Hi,
I am trying to install Qt SDK 1.1 beta on my Linux CentOS 5.5..it is not happening becoz it requires GLIBCXX_3.4.9...please have a look inbto the message

[root@localhost mnt]# ./Qt_SDK_Lin64_offline_v1_1_beta_en.run
./Qt_SDK_Lin64_offline_v1_1_beta_en.run: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by ./Qt_SDK_Lin64_offline_v1_1_beta_en.run)

...I am also new bee to the Qt as well as Linux..please help