PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question regarding multi platform development

bronkopavel
5th September 2008, 09:57
Hello,
I am looking for a "best practice" for a installation setup to be ready to develop
QT4 Apps. for Windows XP and Windows Mobile 6.1 devices. Main goal is to use only free (open source) tools to do so. I heard that it is required to download MS visual studio, emulator,...
My question is how should I install QT so that it can be used for Mobile Devices and on PC?
Do I need 2 QT installations, which one is compiled for Windows and the other WM6.1 use? How to deal with PATH variables, ...
Is there anybody there who has this situation (Windows/WM6.1) and would like to tell me what to install and how? (Sorry I am relative new to programming, so don't be to severe)

Does it make sence to compile QT static and not static in two different folder, so that both can be used. When I build with debug-and-release are the QT binaries also build with this or are there two versions somewhere inside the QT folder structure. My idea is to keep the .exe small as possible when building staticalay and without debug info in the same?!

Thx in advance!

bronkopavel
14th September 2008, 19:55
High,

are those questions such stupid or is there nobody with an answer? :crying:

raman_31181
15th September 2008, 10:08
If you are going for cross platform development on Qt you need to do the follwoing
1) install cross tools on the host(PC)
2) install Qtopia 4.4 on the PC and then cross compile for the target...read the Qt docs carefully for this....