PDA

View Full Version : Huge error list from qt files

Raccoon29
8th September 2008, 11:43
Hello everyone,

I've been compiling smoothly since 5 minutes ago, now the compiler (MinGW) complains a huge error list when it tries to compile a my simple header file. All the errors are from qt files, such as: qlist.h, qvector.h, qaccessible.h and repeating many times that "'qMalloc' cannot be used as a function", between the lots of logs.
Everything was going allright, and I don't remeber such important edits before the error showed.
So, what could be the reasons for which a compiler should log infinite errors in the library, even when it has not been touched? Some idea? Could be a unclosed brace? The re-definition of a qt reserved word? What else could it be?? :confused:

Thank you all in advance

jacek
8th September 2008, 14:02
Could we see that simple header file? If it complains about qMalloc, you might have defined some macro that broke the Qt code. Can you also post the first error message?

Raccoon29
8th September 2008, 14:40
Unfortunately I can't post (I can't get it: it goes out of prompt buffer) the first error message, anyway I've been able to isolate the problem: the attached code simulates the error (the compiler error are slightly different, but they come from the same file, 'viewports.h'), compile it and you should watch the long errors list... otherwise I have some heavy problem in my qt header files ;)

jacek
8th September 2008, 15:16
It seems that the problem is caused by some garbage at the beginning some of your files. Open them in the notepad and remove those non-ASCII characters.

Raccoon29
8th September 2008, 15:22
It seems that the problem is caused by some garbage at the beginning some of your files. Open them in the notepad and remove those non-ASCII characters.
Yes, I got it Googling the problem, anyway it was exactly like you say, there were "EF BB BF" at the beginning of 'viewport.cpp' (btw I fear that right notepad placed that junk at the beginning of the file), with HexEdit I got easily rid of them.
Thank you very much for your help!