PDA

View Full Version : Qt/embedded Basic

nrabara
25th September 2008, 08:16
Hi,

I am using qt/embedded with ARM processor(AT91SAM9263) with in built LCD controller ,640*480 LCD with 16bpp,

I want to know what are changes required in library files of qt 4.4 .

i.e. Is it required to change the files in /Qt/src/gui/embedded(qscreenlinuxfb.cpp, etc.) ?
OR
Only need to change from Frame Buffer Driver.?

I am new to Qt word, any initiative would be appreciable.

Thanks in Advance.

arunvv
25th September 2008, 19:27
I think you are asking on how to support the depths for 16bpp in Qt. Is it right?
If yes then you have to do by configuring.

Ex: ./configure -embedded arm -big-endian -qvfb -depths 8,16,24,32

Now with above example the Qt framebuffer supports the depths for 8bpp, 16bpp, 24bpp & 32bpp.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Arun

nrabara
27th September 2008, 11:07
Thanks Arun,

I have tried with ./configure -embedded arm etc........

It has complied for host platform as well as for cross platform.

I want to know how to reduce the memory size reqired by Qt, Because when i cross complied for arm with minimum configuration options size came 110 MB for whole application.

bin-8.4MB
lib-48MB
demos-5.4MB
example-23MB
mkspecs-3.3MB
plugins-2MB
translations-2.6MB
-----------------------
TOTAL- 110MB

How can i Recude the size required by Qt? what would be the memory reqired for Qt for normal size application ?

And is it required to modify the souce code ( i mean Qt /src/.. files) to make our application.? or Only need to write code for our application(like in /demo and /example folder)?

Thank is advance........
Nirav

TTGator
20th November 2008, 17:27
If I'm not mistaken, as a noob myself, I think you only need to deploy the lib directory. This will cut out over half the footprint of the entire build (that includes examples, etc.)