PDA

View Full Version : KDE + Qt --- Questions

nupul
5th April 2006, 10:17
The Kpanel a.k.a kicker, can be oriented along the four border of the screen and has a given width...how does Qt achieve this configuration??

- How to align my tool-bar-window (i.e. it's a separate frameless widget window) similarly on the desktop...i.e. It should always be located at the right side (or any side) of the desktop window...Do i need to perform absolute calculations to achieve this by using setGeometry or Do I need to do some Xlib programming for this!!

-How does the divit, which hides the KDE panel work...I mean how can this effect be achieved in Qt4?

-What type of a widget is the KDesktop?
is it something like: QListView+QDirModel????

Thanks

Nupul.

wysota
5th April 2006, 12:45
The Kpanel a.k.a kicker, can be oriented along the four border of the screen and has a given width...how does Qt achieve this configuration??
It doesn't :) KDE does that.

But seriously I don't see the problem. You can position a top level widget wherever you want using methods such as QWidget::move().

- How to align my tool-bar-window (i.e. it's a separate frameless widget window) similarly on the desktop...i.e. It should always be located at the right side (or any side) of the desktop window...Do i need to perform absolute calculations to achieve this by using setGeometry or Do I need to do some Xlib programming for this!!

You can use QDesktopWidget (achievable through QApplication::desktop()) to find out the desktop's dimensions and alter your widget according to your needs.

-How does the divit, which hides the KDE panel work...I mean how can this effect be achieved in Qt4?
What exactly? The animation? Use QTimer.

-What type of a widget is the KDesktop?
is it something like: QListView+QDirModel????

It's best to look at its sources and find out yourself. It's probably a completely custom widget.

Xagen
23rd April 2006, 19:35
Please, learn C++ before trying use QT...