PDA

View Full Version : QWorkspace: child window layouts?

LiCodeX
12th November 2008, 08:51
Hi all,

I'm working on an application which utilizes QWorkspace( since the code is written with & for Qt 3.3) for displaying subwindow of various actions. Now there is no problem with sub window creation and closing. But when I close a child window and reopen it again, it shows up at the same location where it was created first! So if I've got 5 windows open one by one, they get placed side by side, when they're opened in a sequencial manner, and if I close the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th window, and then reopen the 5th window, it shows up at the same location where it was first created, leaving a gap between the 1st window and newly created 5th window![ the code traverse through the windowList to find out the hidden window to make it visible instead of creating new instance of the window]
Now, I want to standardize the view of the windows, and for that I want to display each window just next to the previous window(if there is any), irrespective of the fact that the instance already exists or is newly created, for the particular action.

I hope you understood my problem over there, if not ask me for clarification. I need your help to fix this issue. Is there any way to fix the geometry of the windows made visible in the QWorkspace. Keep in mind, I'm not to upgrade from Qt3 to Qt4.

Urgent help is appreciated

Thanks and Regards

LiCodeX
13th November 2008, 08:50
it seems that, there is no way around to manipulate this then?