PDA

View Full Version : help on dll and .NET2003

mickey
8th April 2006, 18:59
Hi, my project needs sdl.dll that it's in c:\sdl\; I can put dll in c:\win\system32 or in myProjects dir; but a way to to link dll to my project without change position of dll?
Thanks

munna
8th April 2006, 19:33
Either add the path to your sd.dll in the environment variables->path or put the dll in the system32 dir which is already set in the path.

mickey
8th April 2006, 19:49
? enviromets variables in Windows? Isn't possible a link dll to only my projects? (with .net2003 or .pro file)

jacek
8th April 2006, 21:05
The safest way is to put that DLL in the same directory where the executable is.

To use that DLL in your project you need an import library. Look for a sdl.lib (or libsdl.a if you use MinGW). Then add:
LIBS += -L<path to the directory with .lib file> -lsdlto your .pro file.

mickey
8th April 2006, 23:12
sorry it wasn't sdl but glew32.dll
in my .pro I have the line

win32:LIBS += C:\glew\lib\glew32.lib

do I need insert this?

LIBS += - LC:\glew\lib\ -lglew32

I'm a bit confused; Help me is this is correct: If i link .lib in .pro, is dll necessary?
I'm using this in .pro win32:LIBS += C:\glew\lib\glew32.lib; am I linking glew in static way? (if so, why my application require me glew.dll when I launch the application?)
I hpe you're understanding what I'm saying...
Thanks

jacek
8th April 2006, 23:40
do I need insert this?

LIBS += - LC:\glew\lib\ -lglew32
No.

If i link .lib in .pro, is dll necessary?
Yes, that .lib file is just an import library. It doesn't implement any functionality from the DLL --- it only imports symbols from it, so you don't have to do it by hand.

mickey
9th April 2006, 11:15
in other word: is there a way to say myapplication (through .pro or from .net2003) 'go to take glew.dll in c:\glew32\' ??
Thanks

jacek
9th April 2006, 16:40
is there a way to say myapplication (through .pro or from .net2003) 'go to take glew.dll in c:\glew32\' ??
AFAIK, no.