PDA

View Full Version : QtEmbedded TouchScreen Input Methods

QbelcorT
23rd November 2008, 07:43
Hi,
I am using QtEmbedded 4.4.1. I have a touchscreen. Most of my current gui structure is using custom made input widgets. Most of them are using qgraphicsscene and items.
I am now starting on the 'number' entry inputs. By this I mean, text fields with only number entries as valid input.
For example I mean, IP entry field, 3 digit value fields, also selection boxes, etc.
I am moving away from the radiobuttons and checkboxes and just making icon buttons instead. When the entry field is touched a numberpad will show and the number can be entered.
I have created a ui_form and embedded a proxy widget, popped up a numberpad when the field was pressed. However now I am running into mouse grabbing problems, I think the widget and numberpad are conflicting on the mouse input. My numberpad updates are really slow, and the number entries are not redirecting to the Qlineedit input fields. I think this method may turn out to be ugly. ( I simulated a qkeyevent for my numberpad)
Do you have ideas on what I should be using as number input fields using touchscreen input?
Should I just continue creating my custom made qgraphicsitems, ( Qtextitem) and get input display from that method?

Thanks for your suggestions.