PDA

View Full Version : does qt support pkg-config

lorebett
30th November 2008, 14:23
Hi
I'm starting to work on a package that uses qt (I'd like to handle both qt3 and qt4); I need to use autotools, and didn't find any good qt detection macros around...
On my systems I found qt-mt.pc installed (and some other for Qt4), that can be used with pkg-config and autoconf;
however, I read on some forums that these files are not part of the standard qt installations... is that true?
Does qt support .pc files for pkg-config?

thanks in advance
Lorenzo

wysota
1st December 2008, 23:08
Qt itself doesn't produce pkg-config files, as far as I know, so you can't assume they will be present on all systems where Qt is deployed. Generally it is better to check for qmake (or qmake-qt4). There is a switch (-v) that will return you the version information.

lorebett
12th December 2008, 08:32
Qt itself doesn't produce pkg-config files, as far as I know, so you can't assume they will be present on all systems where Qt is deployed. Generally it is better to check for qmake (or qmake-qt4). There is a switch (-v) that will return you the version information.

I've installed the qt 4 version from sources under linux and it installs also pkg-config file;
however, the binary version for windows does not... :confused: