PDA

View Full Version : TrayIcon problem?

maverick_pol
4th December 2008, 18:35
Hi gusy,

I set my trayicon for the applicaion + context menu as it's done in the "desktop/system tray" example, but I have a strange behaviour:
Most of the time the contex menu is transparent, I only see lower,right border of the menu, but actions/menu is transparent; once 10 times I see the whole menu as it should be done.
I am wondering has anyone came across this kind of problem or is it only my laptop.

I am recompiling the Qt thinking that a problem might have appeared while compiling the library.

{ADDED}
It looks I am exp. the same problem as the develoepr here:
http://www.qtcentre.org/forum/f-newbie-4/t-tray-context-menu-display-issues-14669.html

DO you have any ideas, why this is happening?

Before hand thanks,

rexi
4th December 2008, 22:04
It probably would help if you provided more information on your setup, like what OS you are using, which Qt release, etc. Is it the same as in the other thread you mention? The code of your application that results in this behaviour could also be helpful.

Without that information, I can only say that I'm developing an application right now which employs a tray icon, and I never ever came across a problem like the one you describe, using Kubuntu 8.04, Qt 4.4.0.

maverick_pol
4th December 2008, 22:35
I am developing under kubuntu 8.x, mac 10.4 and vista.
The problems concerns Vista solution; What is strange, the tray sometimes works fine; when I started working with the tray icon it worked fine but after few days i began to mulfunction.

The menu looks the same as in the other thread(transparend with borders).

I am using Qt 4.4.3 and Qt 4.4.0 and Qt 4.4.0 with mingw.

I setup the tray almost the same as in the "system tray" example.

rexi
5th December 2008, 00:39
So this only happens with Vista? Well, it looks pretty much like a bug then... In that case you should try a more recent version of Qt (like 4.4.3) and see if you can still reproduce the issue. Maybe it is a known bug that has already been fixed.

If it hasn't been fixed, you might also want to check the task tracker (http://trolltech.com/developer/task-tracker/) for any reports on that issue, or report it yourself if you don't find any.

Right now, I can only repeat that "it (always) works for me" on Linux, so this really looks like a platform-specific regression (assuming that it worked before on Windows, which I don't doubt, as tray icons are a feature that is used quite often, in my experience) and the Trolls should be made aware of it.

radojkod
5th December 2008, 09:32
I have seen the same, but only while I was using MinGW (QtCreator) and in Debug mode. If I use VS2005, or on Release, I could never reproduce this.