PDA

View Full Version : Deployment problems on Windows...help

Hookem
9th December 2008, 23:21
I have tried several different suggestions I've found here on the boards and elsewhere, but I'm just not getting anywhere. I'm trying to freeze/deploy an application on Windows. Here is what I'm using:

PyQt4 (Qt 4.4.3, Python 2.6)
Windows XP
py2exe

I've been able to successfully freeze and install on my own computer, so I think the py2exe setup is correct. However when I install on a clean machine I get the generic "application configuration is incorrect, reinstall..." Based on what I've read it could be several problems, the most likely of which are the Windows packages that need to be redistributed and found using the manifest file. I've tried a few different options with these files, but I'm still not getting past the initial error.

Being a newb to Qt there are so many variables I'm not sure of. I have Visual Studio 2005; however I'm not using it to compile Qt. I installed using mingw to create the binaries.

The compile from py2exe gives me the warning that I actually need MSVCP90.dll (not the 80 version). So I've tried including those dlls (changing the manifest to be 90s). Then I changed them to be 80s and used the other files.

Using dependency walker gave me the following top level dependency:
Main App
--USER32.DLL
----GDI32.DLL
----KERNEL32.DLL
----NTDLL.DLL
----ADVAPI32.DLL
----MSIMG32.DLL
----POWRPROF.DLL
----WINSTA.DLL
--MSVCR90.DLL
--KERNEL32.DLL

I don't know what else to try, or if I'm just completely going down the wrong road and maybe should try a different freeze app. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

high_flyer
10th December 2008, 12:12
You will (at least) need the Qt runtimes as well.

spud
11th December 2008, 09:21
Try installing vcredist_x86.exe (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en) on the target machine.