PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about Qt/Win

Bojan
12th January 2006, 16:51
All questions are regarding Open Source version 4.1.0 for Windows

1. What are the configure options used in the precompiled installer thingy? I know it's release and shared, but what other options are used?

2. If one installs from the installer, and then does configure + build for shared debug; what exactly is rebuilt? Does that remake the tools (qmake, assistant, designer, etc), and/or examples, and/or just the libs?

Thanks,

Bojan

wysota
12th January 2006, 21:54
1. What are the configure options used in the precompiled installer thingy? I know it's release and shared, but what other options are used?
Probably no options, all at default.

2. If one installs from the installer, and then does configure + build for shared debug; what exactly is rebuilt? Does that remake the tools (qmake, assistant, designer, etc), and/or examples, and/or just the libs?
Everything is built.

Bojan
16th January 2006, 03:28
Thanks,

Is there a way to just build debug libs? I installed Qt 4.1 for Windows from the installer thing, and I would like to be able to build apps w/ debug. There really is no need for me to compile all the examples and tools.

Bojan

fullmetalcoder
16th January 2006, 10:54
Is there a way to just build debug libs? I installed Qt 4.1 for Windows from the installer thing, and I would like to be able to build apps w/ debug. There really is no need for me to compile all the examples and tools.

Basically the installer put an entry in Start->Programs (under windows)
This entry has an item called "Compile debug libs"!:D

If it does'n work, as for me, You'll have to use the command line :
-get into %QTDIR%
-type : configure -debug [any extra options]
-get into %QTDIR%\src
-type : mingw32-make debug

Note : I recommend putting the -zlib option or you may get linking errors.

There might still be a problem... I'm using Windows ME and the command lines used in makefiles (such as "cd src && make") didn't work.
If so write a batch file like that:

@echo off

cd $$$
mingw32-make debug

where $$$ is one of the subdirs concerned.
For a complete list of subdirs check out the makefile;

Note : Some of these subdirs may also be subdirs themselves (such as plugins) repeat the makefile process for them and everything will be fine.

edit : fixed typo