PDA

View Full Version : html parsing class problem

yagabey
21st December 2008, 22:20
Hello,
I was looking for a 3rd party Qt html parsing library and i found one; but i have some problems on compiling. It has some windows dependent code; i edited the code a bit.
And i've compiled it for linux ..

But now; although i've added libs and lib path to pro file ( LIBS += ), it gives an error like :

error while loading shared libraries: libJStreams.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/home/target/repo/rsslisting/rsslisting exited with code 127

Has anybody ever used that library before? What may be the problem?Or can you suggest me another html parsing library for Qt..

Links for the library:

http://www.scalingweb.com/html_parser.php

which is dependent on :
http://www.scalingweb.com/io_streams.php

wysota
22nd December 2008, 00:48
It's not the libraries fault - it is yours. The linker can't find the library. Use the -L<pathtothislibrary> switch in your LIBS variable to solve it. Remember to use LD_LIBRARY_PATH when you launch your application. In doubt, consult Google.

yagabey
22nd December 2008, 11:08
Ok Wysota,
Ive copied and put the headers and libs (libJStreams.so.1.0.0, libJStreams.so.1.0, libJStreams.so.1, libJStreams.so, libHtmlParser.a) in seperate folders(libs and headers folder) under my project directory. i added in my pro file:

INCLUDEPATH += /home/target/repo/rsslisting/headers
LIBS += -L/home/target/repo/rsslisting/libs -lHtmlParser -lJStreams

what can i do else? Doesnt qmake set LD_LIBRARY_PATH using LIBS

yagabey
22nd December 2008, 11:14
ok,
I set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH manually, and it works now...

Thanks...

wysota
22nd December 2008, 18:52
what can i do else? Doesnt qmake set LD_LIBRARY_PATH using LIBS

qmake can't set LD_LIBRARY_PATH because it is a system variable and it is important when the application is ran, not only when it is built. There is a way to hardcode the library path under Linux (maybe other Unices as well) but this wouldn't work in your case.