PDA

View Full Version : Problem with VS 9 & debug

bfarman
2nd January 2009, 19:56
I'm using CMake to compile C++ code in MS VS 2008 using CMake & Qt. I've installed Qt in both the debug-and-release mode and just straight debug and I can't for the life of me get this foolish thing to find any of the debug DLLs. Every time I try to compile & run in debug mode it spits out

This application has failed to start because QtOpenGLd4.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I've installed/reinstalled Qt several times using nmake (not mingw), checked to see all the DLLs actually do exist, made sure my Qt directory is in the path, etc. and still it's giving me this error. Release DLLs seem to work fine in VS 2008, just having troubles when I build in Debug mode. Debug symbols, etc. seem to load just fine in linux, so I think I'm safe assuming it's not a problem with the code I'm using or how it utilizes Qt.

I'm not terribly well versed in visual studio, so I'm assuming there's some step I'm missing with regard to the Qt install, even though I've followed the compilation instructions to the letter...:confused:

Thanks in advance for any help.

edit: Forgot to mention, I'm using Qt 4.4.3 compiled from windows src

bfarman
3rd January 2009, 16:13
Nevermind, I'm a fool. :o

I forgot to add the bin directory to the path. For some reason, adding just Drive:\Qt\4.4.3 (the actual Qt directory) was enough for the release libs, but not for the debug libs. I had to explicitly add Drive:\Qt\4.4.3\bin to make VS find the debug libs.:confused: