PDA

View Full Version : disable floppy reading in a QFileDialog?

SkripT
15th April 2006, 12:23
Hi, I use a "QFileDialog::getExistingDirectory" (not using the native dialog from the system) and I've noticed that everytime that is shown it tries to read from the floppy disk and it's a bit anoying. Anybody knows if there's a simple way to disable this (if I use tha native it dosen't happens but I need to use the non native version). Thanks.

dimitri
15th April 2006, 14:16
Which version of Qt is this?

SkripT
15th April 2006, 15:22
Which version of Qt is this?

Qt version 4.1 in winXP

dimitri
15th April 2006, 21:06
Give Qt 4.1.2 a try. I seem to recall a similar issue, it may have been fixed in the latest version.

cigar
13th December 2007, 01:44
Hi, I use a "QFileDialog::getExistingDirectory" (not using the native dialog from the system) and I've noticed that everytime that is shown it tries to read from the floppy disk and it's a bit anoying. Anybody knows if there's a simple way to disable this (if I use tha native it dosen't happens but I need to use the non native version). Thanks.

I am experiencing the same problem in Qt 4.3, is there any way to not have the qFileDialog box look at the floppy (unless someone wants to load a file off of a floppy disk, of course)?

pherthyl
13th December 2007, 04:55
I am experiencing the same problem in Qt 4.3, is there any way to not have the qFileDialog box look at the floppy (unless someone wants to load a file off of a floppy disk, of course)?

http://trolltech.com/developer/task-tracker/index_html?method=entry&id=140539

Looks like this issue has been fixed and unfixed several times.

Also from here:
http://trolltech.com/developer/task-tracker/index_html?method=entry&id=139567
"Resolution: We are currently working on a new QFileDialog and directory model that does not have this limitation. Unfortunately, it is too difficult to fix this problem in the existing QDirModel."

mchara
17th December 2007, 06:43
hello,
I think floppy reading occurs on QDirModel construction, when refreshing the model.
U may try using one instance of dialog during whole app working time. It may help if QFileDialog won't call refresh each time it's executed. In such case floppy will still be tested, but only when QFileDialog is executed for the first time.