PDA

View Full Version : Embedded Widgets Demos

jhowland
14th January 2009, 17:37
My apologies if this belongs on the newbie page, I'm not sure where it should go.

The qtsoftware home page now leads to an Embedded Widgets Demo, which shows some gorgeous widgets, apparently based on SVG and CSS. While these examples certainly show what can be done in QT, they dont show how it was/is done. All that I can find is an executable that shows widgets, but I cant see how data and events get in and out of them.

I went through the qtsvg class definition, and can see how one would display a QT widget based upon SVG. But I don't see a handy way to get to signals/slots for these "widgets", or to feed them data. I know I must be missing something...is it just that all of these widgets have had somebody handle all the low level events and interpret every mouse click the right way to make the widget perform as desired? Is that part of the CSS/SVG definition? Is the sample code available somewhere and I'm just not seeing it?

thanks in advance for pointers to more information

Jonathan Howland

gcishaun
15th January 2009, 11:53
Hi Johnathan,
I have been trying to get the same info for 5 months now with no luck. Really do not understand why it is taking this long. My project is imminent and I will have to look else where.

Shaun.