PDA

View Full Version : How to launch an application automatically ?

merry
15th January 2009, 11:37
Hi all

working on Qt4.4 om my intel mac machine, i want to know, how to execute an application automatically at the scheduled time using Qt.

wysota
15th January 2009, 12:42
Do you want your application to run some other application at a specified time or do you want the system to run your application at a specified time?

merry
16th January 2009, 03:55
I want the system to run my application at the specified time.

merry
16th January 2009, 04:41
one more thing I would like to know, that how can we create .pList file using QSettings in mac, and how can we get values from .pList file.

wysota
16th January 2009, 12:12
I want the system to run my application at the specified time.

Your system probably has some task scheduler available (like cron). Qt has no facilities to operate on such services so you have to add your application there yourself.

jpn
16th January 2009, 15:26
one more thing I would like to know, that how can we create .pList file using QSettings in mac, and how can we get values from .pList file.
Instead of giving a direct link, let me teach you something more valuable: open QSettings docs and search for "plist".

PS. Not to be rude, but since you already even knew the class name, it would be nice if you could next time search the docs for the most obvious key words before asking the question here immediately after it pops up in your mind. The reference documentation is still your number uno source.