PDA

View Full Version : configure on leapard fails

sepp
22nd January 2009, 13:10
hi, i'm trying to configure qt 4.4.1 (i know it's not the latest version...) on os x 10.5. i do:

./configure -qt-zlib -qt-gif -qt-libtiff -qt-libmng -qt-libjpeg -qt-libpng -universal -sdk /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk

the machine is an intel mac, running os x 10.5.6. i updated xcode to 3.1.2 and have set the gcc,g++,c++,cc links to point to gcc-4.2

i think the link step for qmake fails (g++ -o "/Users/.../Desktop/qt-mac-commercial-src-4.4.1/bin/qmake" ....) and i get:

Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
"operator new[](unsigned long)", referenced from:
operator<<(QDataStream&, QString const&)in qstring.o
(and much much much more objct files...)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture ppc

any ideas?

regards,

sepp

sepp
23rd January 2009, 08:52
i tried again on the same machine and used qt-mac-commercial-src-4.4.3, same effect...

any ideas?

asgr
26th January 2009, 17:06
Don't know much about the -universal option, but I think you need to use the MacOSX10.4u.sdk. It seems to be the option that is always used in other packages that are universal. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that the 'u' actually stands for universal.

If that fails, try a plain vanilla configure (no options).

A.

sepp
27th January 2009, 15:25
Don't know much about the -universal option, but I think you need to use the MacOSX10.4u.sdk. It seems to be the option that is always used in other packages that are universal. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that the 'u' actually stands for universal.

If that fails, try a plain vanilla configure (no options).

A.
the official 'installing qt on mac os x' site states, that the -sdk option is only needed if the developer machine is a powerPC. Mine is an intel mac, i tried both, with and without -sdk option, both fail.

furthermode, even a plain ./configure fails with the same effect. i even tried both compilers, that is, gcc-4.0 and gcc-4.2, same effect...

asgr
30th January 2009, 21:33
Blimey,

Did you do a 'make confclean' before running configure again?
Sometimes the configure script uses previously accumulated values.

A.