PDA

View Full Version : Frame buffer background during splash screen

Micawber
22nd January 2009, 23:47
I've been using QtEmbedded 4.4.3 on Linux using the framebuffer (no X) and whenever my application starts, it display a splash screen. That works fine but what bugs me is that the default color for the rest of the display is a bright green. Is there anyway to specify the initial frame buffer color?

Also, when my application exits, the screen is cleared and the same green screen is displayed and I cannot get back to a command line prompt and my keyboard/mouse is useless (unresponsive) and I have to reset the machine. Any thoughts on that as well would be appreciated.

-Mic

jpn
23rd January 2009, 12:03
I've been using QtEmbedded 4.4.3 on Linux using the framebuffer (no X) and whenever my application starts, it display a splash screen. That works fine but what bugs me is that the default color for the rest of the display is a bright green. Is there anyway to specify the initial frame buffer color?
See QWSServer::setBackground().

Micawber
23rd January 2009, 13:40
Thanks J-P! That worked well.

Still reading about QWSServer. Perhaps this is what is still running when my application closes and the keyboard is unresponsive. Should I have to tell the QWSServer to exit as well?

Another thing I noticed is that when my application is running, I cannot change to virtual terminals anymore using CTRL-ALT-F[whatever]. Is the QWSServer causing this as well?

-Mic

Micawber
23rd January 2009, 19:38
Update. I found out why my app was hanging on exit. It seems that when my app is exiting, it wants to issue...

system( "poweroff" );

and my busybox installation doesn't handle that well. Some message about trying to kill init that I'll work around later. Now I have a command line option to bypass this and it works as one would expect.

As for not being able to do CTRL-ALT-F[whatever] to change virtual terminals, I'm still working on that, but it seems that I need some sort of keyboard filter to detect it and some sort of command/method to switch virtual terminals???

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

-Mic