PDA

View Full Version : Maximum number of controls in QWidget

soumyadeep_pan
24th January 2009, 09:57
Is there any limit in number for adding controls (LineEdits, TextEdits , PushButtons ..etc) to a single QWidget form ?

Thanks in advance .......

Boron
24th January 2009, 11:40
I never read anything about limitations of the number of widgets in a widget.
The only limitation I know is your RAM. And you need a lot of widgets to completely fill your memory :).
So if you are asking if 50 widgets may be too much, or 100 widgets, that is no problem.

soumyadeep_pan
27th January 2009, 03:46
Thnx Boron for your reply .....

But I have heard some of my friends who are using VC++, that one single frame can contains maximum of 255 controls..... such I wondering, is there any limit like that ...... As I am going to add more than 350 controls in a single widget (Main window) which may contain multiple frames .......

jpn
27th January 2009, 14:33
Even if Qt has no such limitation, I'd rethink the GUI design. Perhaps it's time to take a look at Qt's item views or the graphics view framework.

soumyadeep_pan
7th February 2009, 04:53
Thanks Boron and JPN for your useful post .....

But I have an another issue, as I have created a huge number of same type controls, QT Designer will give different names for those controls automatically. Can I make those like an array. I can do the same thing by creating LineEdit (say for examples) array and copy those objects into that array and can use them sequentially, but is there any way to do this in designer by default ???? (It can reduce my code size)

Thanks in advance ......