PDA

View Full Version : QtDBus on Windows

ManuMies
26th January 2009, 08:08
I have installed latest QT Creator (with QT SDK), but cannot get the QtDbus working on Windows 32bit. I've read something about KDE WinDBus, but couldn't find more info about it.

Please, could you give my detailed instructions, how to make DBus working on Windows? What to install and how to set the paths.

Thank you.

seneca
26th January 2009, 08:25
From the docs:

The QtDBus module is a Unix-only library that you can use to make Inter-Process Communication using the D-Bus protocol.

TCP/IP and Shared Memory are the Qt IPC's that work on all platforms.

ManuMies
26th January 2009, 08:27
Yeah, I've read that, but also read about making dbus working on windows. IMO, QT should be 100% cross-platform, not anything less.

seneca
26th January 2009, 08:32
Ok, but there are features on every platform that are not available on others, for example you wont get active x controls on linux or mac.

Those packages are however clearly marked as platform dependent, and you should not use them if you want to create cross-platform applications.

ManuMies
26th January 2009, 08:43
I have installed latest QT Creator (with QT SDK), but cannot get the QtDbus working on Windows 32bit. I've read something about KDE WinDBus, but couldn't find more info about it.

Please, could you give my detailed instructions, how to make DBus working on Windows? What to install and how to set the paths.

Thank you.

Back to my initial question, how is it done?

Btw, I actually got it (WinDBus) working so far, that it now gives me a different error: "undefined reference to '_imp__ZN15QDBusConnection...". What does this mean?

seneca
26th January 2009, 08:56
It seems that the application-side dbus got included to Qt at 4.3

What you need additionally is the system (server) side, which you can download at sourceforge.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/windbus/

ManuMies
26th January 2009, 09:17
Yeah, I got winDBus, but cannot get it "installed" on my winxp.

More detailed instructions please, if you know how?

seneca
26th January 2009, 10:38
Sorry, I did not use it yet.

The source is documented with doxygen however, so I would run doxygen over it to create the documentation. ;)

Or check the dedicated list at:

http://www.nabble.com/Free-Desktop---dbus-f1052.html

ManuMies
26th January 2009, 11:48
Do I need to recompile something, ex. tools/dbus under qt sdk?

ManuMies
26th January 2009, 13:02
Got it working now. :D

I needed to copy compiled .dll and lib file under qt sdk, rename .lib to lib***.a and re-compile src/qdus and tools/qtdbus.

Somebody should definately add info about DBus On Windows to the Wiki page. ;)