PDA

View Full Version : Facing problem with tool bar icons

jnana
20th April 2006, 08:52
Hi ,

I am facing problem with tool bar icons. My problem is, in src dir I have all source codes and image directory which contains all image. It also contains gui.qrc file. bin directory contains the executable file. When I am executing binary file from source directory, all icons are coming properly. But executing the binary file any place other than source dir, icons are not coming. In qrc file images are specified by relative path. Probably it will work If I am specifying absolute path for icons in qrc file. Is there any way to provide absolute path by some environment variable. I tried with environment variable that but it is not taking environment variable.

Thanks
Jnana

wysota
20th April 2006, 09:18
The path where you start your application from shouldn't have any meaning here. If you use qrc approach, you embed those images directly into your executable. Are you sure you are actualy using those images from the resource file in the toolbar? Do you use Designer? If so, make sure you use the "specify resource" button when you choose icons for your actions. If you are not using Designer, make sure your image paths begin with a colon.

jnana
20th April 2006, 09:25
Hi ,

I used designer. How should I use "specify resource" for each action?

Thanks
Jnana

jpn
20th April 2006, 09:30
When selecting an icon for an action, there is a radio button on top of the "Find Icon" dialog.

jnana
20th April 2006, 09:37
Hi ,

I found how to specify resource file.

Thanks
Jnana