PDA

View Full Version : QCH help files

Koas
10th February 2009, 13:11
Hi all! I'm trying to implement some inline help in a few dialogs of an app. I've compiled a .qch file with the user manual, and my question is this:

How can I launch (not with QtAssistant, with a TextBrowser or some other widget) a file of my compiled .qch file when the user clicks the ? icon in a dialog?

The Qt documentation is quite poor in this topic... I'm not sure how to catch when the user clicks on the ? icon and how to show the help.

Any help would be really appreciated! :)

wysota
11th February 2009, 09:26
See Using QHelpEngine API and QHelpContentWidget. As for the "?" icon, this is carried by QHelpEvent.

kcl
12th January 2011, 11:51
Hi

Can you please help me how to extract text from a data.qch file? This reference book is important for my exam.
Thank you very much.
kcl

wysota
12th January 2011, 22:03
qch files are regular sqlite3 databases.

kcl
18th January 2011, 11:11
Hi Koas
I have bought a book on CD ROM, it has exe and dmg file formats. After I installed it on my pc, it installed some dill files and data.qch file in the program files. I am able to open the book on the pc, read, search etc. How can I extract the text from the data.qch file, can you please advice a software to buy? Its an important book for my exam and I want to convert the text into into a pdb format or chm format to study on my iPhone.
thank you
kcl