PDA

View Full Version : software development architecture...

sujan.dasmahapatra
12th February 2009, 06:08
Friends I am going to build a software for CFD(computational fluid dynamics) application using Qt…I need your help…. I am not sure what kind of Architecture I’ll develop…..Like I’ll have a mainwindow where I’ll have a menuBar,a toolbar,a statusBar,a console window(info window), a treeView(where I’ll have all the parts being loaded) and the Client window (or the mainview which will be a graphicsview I guess I am not sure.)

Kindly tell me whether my thoughts are ok ? Actually I need some more details about the design and development..

Like I’ll have a class derived from the QMainwindow for the mainwindow right ? and I’ll have a GraphicsView with GraphicsScene objects tha’ll be displayed on the mainwindow…

How would go for that…….I have tried to show a graphicsview on the mainwindow and showing the mainwindow in the main()…But the view is not coming…..Hhow would I display my parts on the mainwindow……
Please tell me how would I go about that all……I need your complete guidance…

talk2amulya
12th February 2009, 06:59
well, u can definitely show a view inside a QMainWindow..just call

setCentralWidget(_yourView);

ur view will have a scene and this scene will have different graphic items which are essentially QGraphicsProxyWidgets

it should work for you :)

sujan.dasmahapatra
13th February 2009, 12:00
When I am trying to create a mdi application and in the newFile slot I create a QGraphicsView but when I execute the program the view is appearing and instantly going off……what could be the problem…???

jacek
13th February 2009, 23:44
I create a QGraphicsView but when I execute the program the view is appearing and instantly going off
Do you create that QGV on the heap?