PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to set the number of pages for sheet with QPrinter?

SkripT
20th April 2006, 18:07
Hi, in my app I need to generate a PDF doc. I want to know if there's a way to set the number of pages for sheet using QPrinter or I have to set this value directly in the driver used or maybe, in the worst case, I have to achieve it manually? Thanks.

wysota
20th April 2006, 20:50
The number of pages depends on the amount of data sent to the printer and it is you who decides when to make a page feed. Maybe I don't understand your question :) Could you explain?

SkripT
21st April 2006, 09:08
The number of pages depends on the amount of data sent to the printer and it is you who decides when to make a page feed. Maybe I don't understand your question :) Could you explain?

Yes sorry wysota, I have the options in the printer in spanish and maybe I have not translated it correctly ;) I mean the option that allows the user to set one or more pages from the source doc in a sheet (page) in the final doc. I attach an image of this option where I set two pages for sheet vertically.

wysota
21st April 2006, 11:58
Aa... ok. This is not possible with QPrinter (at least not directly). You should redirect printing to the native printing mechanism (for example to kprinter under KDE) (or use applications which do multpile page layout -- like psnup under unix).