PDA

View Full Version : Expanding QTextEdit

gruszczy
15th February 2009, 00:43
I would like to create a small text processor, with functionality roughly the same as the one in Google docs. While it's easy to use QTextEdit, especially with the given examples, I find it quite hard to start adding formatting options. I tried downloading some larger examples like KWord or some example apps from trolltech website, but they are either very large and quite hard to comprehend or they aren't providing the same functionality (like LaTeX based WYSIWYG editor).

Could you point into some direction with this? Maybe you know some good examples on how to achieve this and build some simple (like having bold, italic and underline, font size and maybe type) text processor? I would be very thankful for your help.

jpn
15th February 2009, 09:47
Have you seen the Text Edit demo?

gruszczy
15th February 2009, 11:11
That's exactly, what I need. But I checked the examples website and still can't find there - where I can find some link to it? Maybe there are some other examples, which I could use and didn't know about.

Thanks anyway, this should be very helpful.

jpn
15th February 2009, 11:13
There are demos and examples. This one is a demo, not an example.

gruszczy
15th February 2009, 14:27
I can't see demos link on http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/ either. But I'm sure I'll remember this url now.

jpn
15th February 2009, 14:37
Yeah it's a bit hard to spot, but those more advanced demos are advertised in the beginning of the examples page:

In addition to the examples and the tutorial, Qt includes a selection of demos that deliberately show off Qt's features. You might want to look at these as well.

gruszczy
15th February 2009, 15:40
Indeed they are. I guess I have to start reading all introductury stuff, since there might be useful information.

Thanks again for your help.

aamer4yu
16th February 2009, 04:22
Dont you have Qt installed ? I bet u have..
You can find the qtdemo.exe under bin folder....explore it, its wonderful :)