PDA

View Full Version : Qt Application + Web Integration -- Help needed

swamyonline
17th February 2009, 12:59
hi ppl,

The requirement is like this:

I have designed a Qt Display Application using simple Qt controls and some plotting(qwt) widgets. This application updates its contents every 1 second.

So far so good. Now I want to make this display application available to all other clients when they request which are connect by Ethernet. I want this Qt Display Application to act as a 'Web Server' servicing clients'requests. The clients will be using their native browser (like IE, Firefox, Opera etc) to access the display contents and display & update at their end. Its very much similar to a stock exange system where the data will be updating on a server and all the displays are availabe at the clients' end.

How can I make the Qt Display Application to act as a web based application for the clients. What changes should I make at the client end. My intention is to not replicate the display code and execute it at the client end. The client will access the Qt Display Application which is on a server and update the display at its end. I want to make the client to have almost no Qt code at its end.

I am also attaching a figure dipicting the scenario. pls go through this and suggest your valuable solutions. thank u very much in advance. And I am very new to Web concepts in Qt. I am using Qt-4.4.3 on Linux and Windows as well.

bye.