PDA

View Full Version : gif needs to be beside the application?

triperzonak
24th February 2009, 10:07
hi guys i have created a gif and played to a label using qmovie.. and the gif is showing however the gif should be beside the application how can i embed the gif to my application like the other bmp.

i already build qt as static with the parameters for gif. :confused:

jpn
24th February 2009, 16:19
What does "gif should be beside the application" mean? You mean as a resource? What's the difference to bmp? How is static linking related to the problem? Presumably you are importing the image format plugin since you can see the gif.

triperzonak
25th February 2009, 01:19
What does "gif should be beside the application" mean? You mean as a resource? What's the difference to bmp? How is static linking related to the problem? Presumably you are importing the image format plugin since you can see the gif.

i mean the gif should be there with the application in deployment but the BMP do not require that you just put it in resources set it as pixmap and olla the bmp is embeded and do not needs to be deployed together with the application. I can still see the image (bmp) even the picture is not existing in the deployment. Ofcourse i dont want others to go get and see my gif files.. :)

aamer4yu
25th February 2009, 05:55
If you dont want others to see your files, dont embed them in resource files.
Just give a path or simple names for the files. If the files are not present, the image wont be loaded.
So you have the option of giving the image files with your application.
Hope I understood ur problem correctly ;)

triperzonak
25th February 2009, 08:06
If you dont want others to see your files, dont embed them in resource files.
Just give a path or simple names for the files. If the files are not present, the image wont be loaded.
So you have the option of giving the image files with your application.
Hope I understood ur problem correctly ;)

what i want is that the image will be loaded even If the (picture)files are not present.. like the .bmp they were loading even they do not exist together with the application in deployment. (just add them in .qrc and set it as pixmap) i want the same thing in my .gif files but how?

i try to set it as pixmap but the image is not moving (however it doesnt require the .gif to be present together with the application but still its not moving).

.bmp + application -> deployment -> application only (.bmp will show)

.gif + application -> deployment - > .gif + application (if i remove .gif the .gif will not show)

I want:

.gif + application ->deployment -> application only (.gif will show)

that is why i said i already build my application as static with gif configurations..