PDA

View Full Version : Problem with QVFB

evinay
26th February 2009, 03:51
Hi,

I am new to Qt. I am developing a simple application using Qt. I want the exe to be displayed on the qvfb. But i am getting the following error:

"_X11TransSocketINETConnect() can't get address for QVFb:6000: Name or service not known
simplecalc: cannot connect to X server QVFb:0"

These were my installation steps:
cd /to qt-x11-opensource-src-4.4.3
./configure -qvfb
make
make install

I set the evnvironment variables as mentioned in the installation steps in the trolltech site.
The installation was successful without any errors.

I then went inside the tools/qvfb within the above mentioned directory.

make
make install

I developed a simple calculator application using Qt designer tool. Made an exe and it was succcessful without any errors. I could successfully display it on the X11 widow.

I went inside /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.4.3/bin/ and ran qvfb.
I ran my application as :
simplecalc -qws -display QVFb:0

But it threw an error:
_X11TransSocketINETConnect() can't get address for QVFb:6000: Name or service not known
simplecalc: cannot connect to X server QVFb:0

Please help.
:(

wysota
26th February 2009, 08:29
Why do you need qvfb with a desktop installation? You said you passed -qvfb to configure - are you sure you are using the desktop release of Qt? My source bundle doesn't have such option...

evinay
26th February 2009, 16:27
Yes i am using a desktop installation. The link from where i downloaded is:

ftp://ftp.trolltech.no/qt/source/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.4.3.tar.gz

Is qvfb used only with Qt-embedded?
And do i have to develop the application in Qtopia core to run in qvfb?

Thanks in advance.

wysota
26th February 2009, 21:14
But why do you need qvfb in the first place?

evinay
27th February 2009, 05:06
I am trying to see how the GUI looks on an embedded platform. But I dont have the platform yet.

Thanks in advance.

wysota
27th February 2009, 08:41
Download the embedded edition then and build it for your desktop platform. Alternatively newer versions of Designer have the ability to be configured with embedded device dimensions so if you're just after the GUI, you can test it this way without the embedded platform.