PDA

View Full Version : Customize Slider or Scroll Bar?

jcoop
2nd March 2009, 21:28
I'm looking for a way to customize the QSlider widget. Basically, I want the sliding part to be wider, indicating a range of values to the user, rather than a single value. For example if my range was 0-10, and my slider had a width of 2 'ticks,' it would allow the user to select a range from "0-2" to "8-10."

Is there a currently known way to do this, or am I on my own?

Ginsengelf
3rd March 2009, 08:26
Hi, have a look at QxtSpanSlider, it does something similar (to slider handles instead of just one). Maybe it will already fit your needs or it may serve as a source of inspiration.

Ginsengelf

jcoop
4th March 2009, 01:07
Where can I get this? It looks like the libqxt.org site is shut down.

Ginsengelf
4th March 2009, 06:58
Hi, you can get it from Qt-Apps.org (http://www.qt-apps.org/content/show.php/libqxt?content=75450).

Ginsengelf

jcoop
27th March 2009, 02:10
Ok, so I've downloaded the qxt stuff, and tried to add it to my project. IDEs and makefiles have always been my downfall, and I'm having serious trouble getting all the new code to compile. I'm working in Visual C++ 6.0.

I put the file paths for all the files into the preprocessor window under, "Additional include directories," but the compiler still throws errors saying, "cannot open include file: 'qxtspanslider.h'" and so on. Does anyone know what I'm supposed to be doing here to make the two libraries work together?