PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Install Qt 4.5 on Vista32 with MSVC++ 2008 Express: and Failing

GregMalick
10th March 2009, 04:21
1. Downloaded the LGPL version: qt-win-opensource-4.5.0-mingw.exe (from http://www.qtsoftware.com/downloads)
2. Ran qt-win-opensource-4.5.0-mingw.exe which also installs MinGW
3. Setup PATH environment to have C:\Qt and c:\Qt\bin and C:\MinGW and C:\MinGW\bin
4. Set Environmental Variable QTDIR to C:\Qt
5. Set Environmental Variable QMAKESPEC to win32-msvc2008
6. Rebooted
7. Started VC++
8. Opened Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt
9. cd C:\Qt\4.5.0
10. ran configure in the Command Prompt (seemed fine)
11. ran nmake in the same Command Prompt

Got the following Error:

cl -c -FIWebKit_pch.h -YuWebKit_pch.h -Fptmp\obj\debug_shared\QtWebKitd_
pch.pch -nologo -Zm200 -Zc:wchar_t- -Zi -MDd -GR -EHsc -DQT_SHARED -DQT_THREAD_S
UPPORT -DUNICODE -DWIN32 -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DBUILDING_QT__=1 -DUSE_SYSTEM_M
ALLOC -DNDEBUG -DQT_MAKEDLL -DQT_NO_CAST_TO_ASCII -DQT_ASCII_CAST_WARNINGS -DQT3
_SUPPORT -DQT_MOC_COMPAT -D_USE_MATH_DEFINES -DBUILD_WEBKIT -D_HAS_TR1=0 -DENABL
E_OFFLINE_WEB_APPLICATIONS=1 -DENABLE_DOM_STORAGE=1 -DENABLE_ICONDATABASE=1 -DEN
ABLE_DATABASE=1 -DENABLE_DASHBOARD_SUPPORT=0 -DENABLE_XPATH=1 -DENABLE_WML=0 -DE
NABLE_SVG=1 -DENABLE_SVG_FONTS=1 -DENABLE_SVG_FILTERS=1 -DENABLE_SVG_FOREIGN_OBJ
ECT=1 -DENABLE_SVG_ANIMATION=1 -DENABLE_SVG_AS_IMAGE=1 -DENABLE_SVG_USE=1 -DENAB
LE_VIDEO=1 -DENABLE_NETSCAPE_PLUGIN_API=1 -DWTF_USE_JAVASCRIPTCORE_BINDINGS=1 -D
WTF_CHANGES=1 -DBUILDING_QT__ -DSQLITE_CORE -DSQLITE_OMIT_LOAD_EXTENSION -DSQLIT
E_OMIT_COMPLETE -DQT_DLL -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I"..\..\..
\..\include\QtCore" -I"..\..\..\..\include\QtNetwork" -I"..\..\..\..\include\QtG
ui" -I"..\..\..\..\include" -I"storage" -I"..\JavaScriptCore\os-win32" -I"..\Web
Kit\qt\Api" -I"..\..\..\..\include\QtWebKit" -I"tmp\rcc\debug_shared" -I"tmp" -I
"." -I"..\JavaScriptCore" -I"..\JavaScriptCore\ForwardingHeaders" -I"..\JavaScri
ptCore\interpreter" -I"..\JavaScriptCore\bytecode" -I"..\JavaScriptCore\debugger
" -I"..\JavaScriptCore\parser" -I"..\JavaScriptCore\runtime" -I"c:\Qt\4.5.0\src\
3rdparty\webkit\WebCore\..\JavaScriptCore\bindings" -I"..\JavaScriptCore\wrec" -
I"..\JavaScriptCore\jit" -I"..\JavaScriptCore\wtf" -I"tmp" -I"..\JavaScriptCore"
-I"..\JavaScriptCore\parser" -I"..\JavaScriptCore\bytecompiler" -I"..\JavaScrip
tCore\debugger" -I"..\JavaScriptCore\runtime" -I"..\JavaScriptCore\wtf" -I"..\Ja
vaScriptCore\wtf\unicode" -I"..\JavaScriptCore\interpreter" -I"..\JavaScriptCore
\jit" -I"..\JavaScriptCore\profiler" -I"..\JavaScriptCore\wrec" -I"..\JavaScript
Core\API" -I"..\..\webkit" -I"..\JavaScriptCore\ForwardingHeaders" -I"..\JavaScr
iptCore\bytecode" -I"..\JavaScriptCore\assembler" -I"..\JavaScriptCore\os-win32"
-I"..\JavaScriptCore\pcre" -I"c:\Qt\4.5.0\src\3rdparty\webkit\WebKitBuild\Debug
\JavaScriptCore\tmp" -I"platform\qt" -I"platform\network\qt" -I"platform\graphic
s\filters" -I"platform\graphics\transforms" -I"platform\graphics\qt" -I"svg\grap
hics\qt" -I"loader" -I"page\qt" -I"..\WebKit\qt\WebCoreSupport" -I"..\WebKit\qt\
Api" -I"bridge\qt" -I"." -I"ForwardingHeaders" -I"..\..\webkit" -I"platform" -I"
platform\animation" -I"platform\network" -I"platform\graphics" -I"svg\animation"
-I"svg\graphics" -I"svg\graphics\filters" -I"platform\sql" -I"platform\text" -I
"loader" -I"loader\appcache" -I"loader\archive" -I"loader\icon" -I"css" -I"dom"
-I"page" -I"page\animation" -I"bridge" -I"editing" -I"rendering" -I"rendering\st
yle" -I"history" -I"inspector" -I"xml" -I"html" -I"wml" -I"bindings\js" -I"svg"
-I"platform\image-decoders" -I"plugins" -I"bridge" -I"bridge\c" -I"bridge\qt" -I
"generated" -I"plugins\win" -I"..\..\sqlite" -I"..\..\..\..\include\phonon" -I".
.\..\..\..\include\ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc\debug_shared" -I"." -I"..\..\..\..\mkspe
cs\win32-msvc2008" -Fotmp\obj\debug_shared\ @C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Local\Temp\nm
A2D5.tmp
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN
\nmake.exe"' : return code '0xc0000005'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

I tried rebooting and just running nmake again - but the same error persists.

Can anyone help me?

Boron
10th March 2009, 16:52
I compiled Qt 4.5.0 already on four different PCs (all WinXP, all with VS 2008).
Every time I tried to configure -with- Webkit support. And every time the build process stopped with an error showing something with Webkit.
Every time I decided to reconfigure with -no-webkit option.
An the build process ran without any error.

I don't know what's wrong with Qt and Webkit. But I recommend building Qt without Webkit support.
Look at the first line of the message you provided.

[edit]
And why did you donwload the mingw version if you have VS Studio?
Below the link to qt-win-opensource-4.5.0-mingw.exe is the link to qt-win-opensource-src-4.5.0.zip which is all we need (http://www.qtsoftware.com/downloads/windows-cpp).

GregMalick
10th March 2009, 17:28
Aloha Boron,

Thanks! I believe you are right on. I seem to recall some warnings flying by during the configure related to not being able to open some Webkit files.

Regarding MinGW - I simply didn't know any better. and I thought it wouldn't hurt.
I'll uninstall and go for the proper installation this time.

BTW, for us total newbees -

configure -no-webkit

Is this the correct configuration command we should use?

Boron
10th March 2009, 18:27
I always do a "configure -debug-and-release -no-qt3support -no-webkit"
(no-webkit for obvious reasons since it is part of Qt; no-qt3support because I don't need it; debug-and-release because I sometimes debug into Qt classes (curiosity))
This builds a dynamically linked version of Qt. You may add a "-static" for easier deployment of your Qt applications (link your apps statically; no Qt dlls required when deploying).

(From Hawaii! Nice. I hope weather is not so lousy at it is in south Germany :crying:)

GregMalick
13th March 2009, 08:20
Aloha and thanks Boron.

Took forever to compile the environment - but it's working.

At least I have the helloWorld example to work.
Now I can seriously start to learn how to use Qt.

Next step for me is to learn how to incorporate QtDesigner UI files with MSVC++
That and really start looking at the docs.

I sincerely appreciate your help in getting me started.

Aloha

Lesiok
13th March 2009, 15:07
You must create rule for uic.exe tool :
- in Solution Explorer push RMB on root
- from menu select Custom Build Rules
- create rule and attach them to UI files

meozeren
16th July 2009, 07:43
hi,
"configure -debug-and-release -no-qt3support -no-webkit" helped me pass the configuration and nmake steps without fatal errors, but now i get the same error (u1077) when i try to build a project, even though its preview seems fine. what should i do now?

thanks

mehmet

jpn
16th July 2009, 09:09
What is the FIRST error? Can you paste the exact compiler command and the resulting error, please?

meozeren
17th July 2009, 06:31
i was having the fatal error u1077 message during the configuration, but i overcame it with your configuration command. now when i try to build a project i get the message that i posted below, but before reading that, you should know that i can build projects from visual studio's comman line using "qmake -o Makefile hello.pro" then i type "nmake". so it's ok if you dont post a solution. here is the error message:

Running build steps for project calculatorbuilder...

Configuration unchanged, skipping QMake step.

Starting: C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 8/VC/BIN/nmake.exe

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\nmake.exe" -f Makefile.Debug all

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 8.00.50727.762

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 8.00.50727.762

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Qt\2009.03\qt\bin\moc.exe -DUNICODE -DWIN32 -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"..\..\..\include\QtUiTools" -I"..\..\..\include\QtCore" -I"..\..\..\include\QtGui" -I"..\..\..\include\QtXml" -I"..\..\..\include" -I"..\..\..\include\ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc\debug_shared" -I"..\..\..\mkspecs\win32-msvc2008" -D_MSC_VER=1500 -DWIN32 calculatorform.h -o tmp\moc\debug_shared\moc_calculatorform.cpp

c:\Qt\2009.03\qt\bin\rcc.exe -name calculatorbuilder calculatorbuilder.qrc -o tmp\rcc\debug_shared\qrc_calculatorbuilder.cpp

cl -c -nologo -Zm200 -Zc:wchar_t- -Zi -MDd -GR -EHsc -W3 -w34100 -w34189 -DUNICODE -DWIN32 -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"..\..\..\include\QtUiTools" -I"..\..\..\include\QtCore" -I"..\..\..\include\QtGui" -I"..\..\..\include\QtXml" -I"..\..\..\include" -I"..\..\..\include\ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc\debug_shared" -I"..\..\..\mkspecs\win32-msvc2008" -Fotmp\obj\debug_shared\ @C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\nmD6.tmp

calculatorform.cpp

main.cpp

Generating Code...

cl -c -nologo -Zm200 -Zc:wchar_t- -Zi -MDd -GR -EHsc -W3 -w34100 -w34189 -DUNICODE -DWIN32 -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"..\..\..\include\QtUiTools" -I"..\..\..\include\QtCore" -I"..\..\..\include\QtGui" -I"..\..\..\include\QtXml" -I"..\..\..\include" -I"..\..\..\include\ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc\debug_shared" -I"..\..\..\mkspecs\win32-msvc2008" -Fotmp\obj\debug_shared\ @C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\nmD7.tmp

moc_calculatorform.cpp

cl -c -nologo -Zm200 -Zc:wchar_t- -Zi -MDd -GR -EHsc -W3 -w34100 -w34189 -DUNICODE -DWIN32 -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I"..\..\..\include\QtUiTools" -I"..\..\..\include\QtCore" -I"..\..\..\include\QtGui" -I"..\..\..\include\QtXml" -I"..\..\..\include" -I"..\..\..\include\ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc\debug_shared" -I"..\..\..\mkspecs\win32-msvc2008" -Fotmp\obj\debug_shared\ @C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\nmD8.tmp

qrc_calculatorbuilder.cpp

link /LIBPATH:"c:\Qt\2009.03\qt\lib" /LIBPATH:"c:\Qt\2009.03\qt\lib" /NOLOGO /DEBUG /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:"tmp\obj\debug_shared\calculatorbuilder.intermediat e.manifest" /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS "/MANIFESTDEPENDENCY:type='win32' name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls' version='6.0.0.0' publicKeyToken='6595b64144ccf1df' language='*' processorArchitecture='*'" /OUT:debug\calculatorbuilder.exe @C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\nmD9.tmp

qtmaind.lib(qtmain_win.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: debugging information corrupt; recompile module

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\link.EXE"' : return code '0x44f'

Stop.

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'

Stop.

Exited with code 2.

Error while building project calculatorbuilder

When executing build step 'Make'

and.andrade
30th June 2010, 06:35
configure -no-webkit

According to this Bug Report (http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-6470 (http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-6470)),
this problem with the Webkit could be solved by deleting some temp files installed by the full distribution of Qt SDK - 4.6.0 version.
Don't know if it also applies for 4.5, but the files are:

<qt installation path, for example C:\Qt\2010.04\qt>
\src\3rdparty\webkit\WebCore\tmp\moc\debug_shared\ mocinclude.tmp
\src\3rdparty\webkit\WebCore\tmp\moc\release_share d\mocinclude.tmp

Others that were causing error when I tried building were
\src\script\tmp\moc\debug_shared\mocinclude.tmp
\src\script\tmp\moc\release_shared\mocinclude.tmp
and as they said there, it worked fine here when I removed these.