PDA

View Full Version : Qt 4.5 clean up build dir on Windows

__m128i
10th March 2009, 15:37
I just compiled Qt 4.5 on Windows, using configure && nmake. Now I have a 11 GiB large Qt folder, which I'd like to strip down so it only contains stuff needed to compile applications. What's the recommended way to do it? I assume nmake clean will delete everything, and nmake install tells me can't install file to the same location (i.e. it would move the files to where they are currently).

bootsector
10th March 2009, 23:02
What I did here was searching for files with 'tmp' in the name. Found several 'tmp' folders full of temporary object files. Deleted them and saved about 8GB! :)

Everything's working fine after it!

Cheers,

bootsector

ComaWhite
11th March 2009, 06:39
Um you just extract the archive to a temp direction. when you configure set the install prefix to C:\Qt\4.4.0 or default doesn't matter. Just don't build in the same directory you are going to install (will break stuff). And after you compile, you run nmake install. and it will install to the default prefix or your custom and it just trim down alot.

__m128i
11th March 2009, 08:32
Um you just extract the archive to a temp direction. when you configure set the install prefix to C:\Qt\4.4.0 or default doesn't matter. Just don't build in the same directory you are going to install (will break stuff). And after you compile, you run nmake install. and it will install to the default prefix or your custom and it just trim down alot.

How do I set the prefix? I couldn't find an option for it, I would have assumed something like configure --prefix=C:\foo, but no joy?

ComaWhite
11th March 2009, 21:47
just try

configure.exe -prefix C:\Qt\4.4

here is my configure.cache

-debug-and-release
-shared
-fast
-exceptions
-accessibility
-stl
-qt-zlib
-qt-gif
-qt-libpng
-qt-libmng
-qt-libtiff
-qt-libjpeg
-dsp
-vcproj
-plugin-manifests
-qmake
-rtti
-mmx
-3dnow
-sse
-sse2
-webkit
-prefix
C:\usr

__m128i
13th March 2009, 10:32
Doesn't work. I ran configure -prefix C:\Qt\4.5, and it finishes, then running nmake starts recompiling everything again. Just running nmake install fails

copy /y "..\..\..\bin\rcc.exe" "e:\Dev\Current\qt-win-opensource-src-4.5
.0\bin\rcc.exe"

saying that the file cannot be copied over itself.

E:\Dev\Current\qt-win-opensource-src-4.5.0>type configure.cache
-prefix
C:\Qt\4.5

so it has been stored in the cache. What seems to work OTOH is
nmake confclean which cuts down my directory to 800 mib, and leaves the lib and dlls intact.

With Qt 4.5, there is also no documentation about -prefix if I run configure -help. Is there some up-to-date documentation how Qt is supposed to be built?

aamer4yu
14th March 2009, 07:53
11 GB !! whoaa!
On my pc I get Qt folder upto 7.5 GB

However nmake confclean is the proper way I guess... About prefix option too, it doesnt appear in help. You can also look at a section in Wiki (http://wiki.qtcentre.org/index.php?title=Qt4_with_Visual_Studio)

Also I had similar problem (http://www.qtcentre.org/forum/f-installation-and-deployment-5/t-450-rc1-space-help-18646.html). May be it is useful to you :)