PDA

View Full Version : creating table plugin

mgurbuz
25th April 2006, 13:25
Hi,

I would like to create a table plugin. This table will have different types of widgets in each cell. For example, let's say we have 2 columns and 6 rows. One of the column will be carrying editable "string" type of information and other column will have ComboBoxes.

I tried to create plugin inherited from QTableWidget . Plugin was created successfully and previewed in Qt Designer without any problem. But when I used this plugin in an application I wasn't able to see the table at all. I see only the frame of table. You can see the table when you open the ui form in Qt Designer. You can add/remove do anything with the table and preview it without any problem. But when you run the project you loose the table.

I have Qt 4.1.1 version and any help will be appriciated.

wysota
25th April 2006, 14:52
We can't help you without seeing any code.

mgurbuz
28th April 2006, 09:10
I received an e-mail from Trolltech and they said there is a bug in 4.1.0 so we can't create custom widgets from QComboBox, QTableWidget... The bug will be fixed in 4.2.0 version...

Thanks

Hi,

I would like to create a table plugin. This table will have different types of widgets in each cell. For example, let's say we have 2 columns and 6 rows. One of the column will be carrying editable "string" type of information and other column will have ComboBoxes.

I tried to create plugin inherited from QTableWidget . Plugin was created successfully and previewed in Qt Designer without any problem. But when I used this plugin in an application I wasn't able to see the table at all. I see only the frame of table. You can see the table when you open the ui form in Qt Designer. You can add/remove do anything with the table and preview it without any problem. But when you run the project you loose the table.

I have Qt 4.1.1 version and any help will be appriciated.

mgurbuz
28th April 2006, 13:50
Have you guys seen the saying under the Edit Palette preview window?
Make the palette window very large and you will find it...
It says "The moose in the noose ate the goose who was loose"....

Just wanted to share with you....