PDA

View Full Version : Getting the lates snapshot of qt

Lykurg
14th March 2009, 08:32
Hi,

I am going crazy! I want do download the newest development version of qt where some bugs are solved. But how? Snapshots are closed and in the git repository I don't find the right one? Does it exist or isn't there currently any possibility to get the newest sources?

Thanks

wysota
14th March 2009, 09:20
This is called addiction ;) You have to join "anonymous Qt-oholics" group.

lyuts
14th March 2009, 09:44
Yep, you can get the latest snapshot. Take a look here => ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/qt/snapshots/ (Well, maybe it is not as latest as you expect, but nevertheless it is a snapshot =) )

wysota
14th March 2009, 12:15
I'm sure he meant something more recent than 4.5.0 :) There are no new snapshots and there won't be any. We need to find the url of the git repository.

lyuts
14th March 2009, 12:25
Oh, I see. Now I understand which snapshot is needed. Sorry for misleading.

Lykurg
14th March 2009, 15:38
This is called addiction ;) You have to join "anonymous Qt-oholics" group.

Hey, that's not funny! I'm seriously ill. My Doctor has attested that. You can see it yourself, he has given my radiograph to me. Look:

http://www.qtcentre.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3032&d=1237044680

So please help me to stop my compulsion neurosis to look every hour if I could find new sources at http://labs.trolltech.com/gitweb :eek:

I am going mad...

wysota
14th March 2009, 16:24
LOL...

I suggest you wait a bit. Even snapshots had a little "lag" after each stable release of Qt. I'm sure the repository will become available soon.

aamer4yu
14th March 2009, 16:25
By the way I had a question...
How do we sync from git and build the latest code ? Do we need to recompile all or just the new code ??

Also, will it be appropriate to start a new thread on how to sync from git and use it ? Sorry for being so dumb, but you see I haven't used such web-projects and very much newbie in these :o

Lykurg
14th March 2009, 16:51
...the git repository isn't still updated! But when I will do:

cd /YeahItsHere
git clone git://labs.trolltech.com/qt/snapshot/4.5 (<- or whatever)
./configure && make

And to keep on date
cd /YeahItsHere
git checkout
make

And I guess, that only the new files will be compiled. (but I'am not really familiar with git, only have used svn...)

Lykurg
9th April 2009, 14:48
YEAH! YUHUUU! Y E S! S T R I K E!!!

It's here: http://labs.trolltech.com/gitweb?p=qt/all;a=summary!

But what the hell is the different between 4.5 and 4.6 snapshot?

Lykurg
10th April 2009, 11:21
:crying: hmm, I fail to build the newest sources (it fails seting symbolic links). What option I am missing?

lykurg@XXXXXX:/qt$ git clone git://labs.trolltech.com/qt/all
Initialized empty Git repository in /qt/all/.git/
remote: Counting objects: 173548, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (35657/35657), done.
Receiving objects: 100% (173548/173548), 157.51 MiB | 549 KiB/s, done.
remote: Total 173548 (delta 139251), reused 168168 (delta 135007)
Resolving deltas: 100% (139251/139251), done.
Checking out files: 100% (17234/17234), done.
lykurg@XXXXXX:/qt$ cd all/
lykurg@XXXXXX:/qt/all$ ./configure
Creating qmake. Please wait...
ln: Erzeuge symbolische Verknüpfung „/qt/all/include/QtCore/qconfig.h“: No such file or directory
ln: Erzeuge symbolische Verknüpfung „/qt/all/include/Qt/qconfig.h“: No such file or directory
g++ -c -o project.o -pipe -DQMAKE_OPENSOURCE_EDITION -I. -Igenerators -Igenerators/unix -Igenerators/win32 -Igenerators/mac -I/qt/all/include -I/qt/all/include/QtCore -I/qt/all/src/corelib/global -I/qt/all/src/script -DQT_NO_PCRE -DQT_BUILD_QMAKE -DQT_BOOTSTRAPPED -DQT_NO_TEXTCODEC -DQT_NO_UNICODETABLES -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPRESS -I/qt/all/mkspecs/linux-g++ -DHAVE_QCONFIG_CPP -DQT_NO_THREAD -DQT_NO_QOBJECT -DQT_NO_GEOM_VARIANT project.cpp
In file included from project.cpp:42:
project.h:45:25: error: qstringlist.h: No such file or directory
project.h:46:25: error: qtextstream.h: No such file or directory
project.h:47:21: error: qstring.h: No such file or directory
project.h:48:20: error: qstack.h: No such file or directory
project.h:49:18: error: qmap.h: No such file or directory
project.h:50:23: error: qmetatype.h: No such file or directory
In file included from project.h:57,
from project.cpp:42:
/qt/all/src/script/qscriptengine.h:45:30: error: QtCore/qmetatype.h: No such file or directory
/qt/all/src/script/qscriptengine.h:49:29: error: QtCore/qvariant.h: No such file or directory
/qt/all/src/script/qscriptengine.h:54:32: error: QtCore/qobjectdefs.h: No such file or directory
/qt/all/src/script/qscriptengine.h:57:35: error: QtScript/qscriptvalue.h: No such file or directory
/qt/all/src/script/qscriptengine.h:58:37: error: QtScript/qscriptcontext.h: No such file or directory
/qt/all/src/script/qscriptengine.h:59:36: error: QtScript/qscriptstring.h: No such file or directory

Thanks

wysota
10th April 2009, 14:40
Do you have those missing files?

Lykurg
10th April 2009, 17:52
the problem is that the dirs include/Qt and include/QtCore doesn't exists in the checkout. Even if i add them manually

lykurg@XXXXXX:/qt/all$ ll include/*
include/Qt:
insgesamt 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 lykurg lykurg 36 2009-04-10 18:47 qconfig.h -> /qt/all/src/corelib/global/qconfig.h

include/QtCore:
insgesamt 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 lykurg lykurg 36 2009-04-10 18:47 qconfig.h -> /qt/all/src/corelib/global/qconfig.h

the error still occur because in the dir src/corelib/global is only a file qconfig.h.qmake.

EDIT: in the dir are the files: qconfig.cpp qconfig-dist.h qconfig.h.qmake qconfig-large.h qconfig-medium.h qconfig-minimal.h qconfig-small.h

Lykurg
10th April 2009, 18:57
Ahh, after one day of searching I found the switch:
./configure -developer-build

wysota
10th April 2009, 20:20
Congratulations :)

Lykurg
10th April 2009, 21:38
Congratulations :)
Thanks ;)

For all other addicted persons out there:

cd /YourDictionary
git clone git://labs.trolltech.com/qt/all
mkdir build
cd build
./../all/configure

Then you don't need the developer switch and you can easy update your git repository and rebuild the libs...

Lykurg