PDA

View Full Version : portability in windows

Noxxik
14th March 2009, 20:20
Hi I have some programm, which is written in windows XP sp3 and I want to make portability of my programm, but I dont know how do it. Which libraries, pictures of icons (too?) I have to add to my exe file? I use svg files, bitmap images,
Thanks for each answer

Lykurg
14th March 2009, 20:33
Hi I have some programm, which is written in windows XP sp3
Since when WinXp is a programming language? :cool:

and I want to make portability of my programm, but I dont know how do it. Which libraries, pictures of icons (too?) I have to add to my exe file? I use svg files, bitmap images,
Thanks for each answer

Sorry, I don't get your question quite right, but for deploying an application have a look here
(http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/deployment.html).

Noxxik
14th March 2009, 20:47
sorry ;) programm is written in C++ with toolkit Qt 4.4.1
I wrote code in windows.

One more question. which differences are between compiling in windows and linux?

wysota
14th March 2009, 21:55
One more question. which differences are between compiling in windows and linux?

There are two differences:
1. Under Windows you have a console with a black background whereas under Linux you can configure colours of the terminal ;)
2. Under Linux you get an ELF binary, whereas under Windows you don't ;)

And seriously, there are no differences apart the fact you are using a different compiler. The deployment is a bit different but experience shows it is easier in Linux than in Windows so if you get it right here, it will be easier there.

drescherjm
15th March 2009, 02:55
Although I am still new with Qt, my qt applications work just as well in 64 bit linux as they do in 32 bit windows. There were a few minor changes (standards compliance with my own template classes) needed to get stuff to compile under gcc-4.3 versus visual studio but this was minor.

Noxxik
15th March 2009, 10:22
thanks for answers
I think, that you give me advice, which dll library I have to add to folder, where I have exe file

aamer4yu
15th March 2009, 10:42
You can use the dependacy walker to see what dlls the applications needs.

Or you can run the exe, and it will show error of missing dll, copy that dll, till u dont get any error and your exe runs :)

Noxxik
15th March 2009, 11:43
You can use the dependacy walker to see what dlls the applications needs.

Or you can run the exe, and it will show error of missing dll, copy that dll, till u dont get any error and your exe runs :)
I think that I do it as you write, but I dont know, if there are differences between for example Windows Vista Home Basic or Windows XP sp1, etc. ...